• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 3
Yay I'm 600th comment :) But anyways... I know you kept telling people you didn't like this idea but classes does seem nice like ITT... The only reason why I'm telling you this is because people seems to like it more and it might bring more people to play this game plus a lot of people like this idea. You don't have to make a whole new things maybe upgrade the skills when they are level 10 so the Inventor makes 2 Inventions when it's better

Level 11
xorkatoss and IcySpawn, why don't you just create English speaker's clans in Europe or US East, or wherever you decide? Then you should only notify us here, I'm sure you will find people for it. At least myself :)

Dangerb0y, of course we will use it. A.Dominion has already done additional upgrade to the trigger system, which greatly improves the way the game executes game triggers, so any help in that would only sharpen the edge ;)
Btw, there was some strange issue: players were constantly hearing the error sound for someone unable to pick up an item near them. I saw in your trigger that the sound is projected at a range to nearby units and I decided to remove that part - in JTR players very often pick up and drop items and a sound for that seems to be annoying...

IcySpawn, we are already discussing something like that. There will be not exactly classes, but troll perks, which would be achieved by doing something a lot or doing it well. But there is time ahead, we'll see :)

ABM

ABM

Level 7
IcySpawn
New update should be released (if lucky) by the end of the week (sunday)
You will see the new feature and i think you will like it...
As Gad said it is Perk not class, but it work a bit the same, you will see...
i have lots of work on the map, if i want to let the release for sunday i have to go back to work...
:)

Level 3
So hows the work comming along? Oh and so I'm not really only using this place for where I could private message...

What perks are there so far?

ABM

ABM

Level 7
So hows the work comming along? Oh and so I'm not really only using this place for where I could private message...

What perks are there so far?

Perks/Jobs
(All Class perks)
Fishing
Mining
Cooking
Alchemy
(Class only perks)
Beast Master
Trapper
Puppet Master
Choosen One
Bomber
WeaponMaster
(tribes perks)
ballistic
merchant

Update is going quite well 80% done
maybe it will be finish by week end, then it will need testing, then it will be released...

Level 3
Need a tester? :)

Do the perks help on what they do only? Or is it like
Mining - You have been mining so much you gained +2 STR

Level 11
By doing something very much you achieve a perk, which allows you to do it somehow better.
For example the XP gained by your tamed animals makes your troll hunter a Beast Master, which increases health and energy regeneration of all tamed beasts he has.
The perks usually have 3 levels.
I will describe them on game site after we are ready with the new version.

About the testing - well, I'm not sure if it is even possible to do a proper testing, considering how many improvements A.Dominion did to the game lately, so we'll maybe just assure that everything looks working good enough, release the game and wait for player feedback about bugs. Otherwise you should wait 2 more weeks and there can be no guarantee, that a single testing team would be able to catch all possible bugs.

Level 20
About the testing - well, I'm not sure if it is even possible to do a proper testing, considering how many improvements A.Dominion did to the game lately, so we'll maybe just assure that everything looks working good enough, release the game and wait for player feedback about bugs. Otherwise you should wait 2 more weeks and there can be no guarantee, that a single testing team would be able to catch all possible bugs.

dude no need for a testing team...just upload the new version and a lot of people will play it and will find bugs to report!!

why not replace the old boring wc3 Book of Experience icon that you use as a Shaman Spellbook with this one?
IMO it's way better and it fits as a spell book icon......

If you are looking for ideas about perks..
here is a map with perks...

Level 20
For the XP book won't that make the game lagger?

XP book? what xp book? o_O
also it won't if they remove the special effect...
or if they make the special effect appear with trigger and then destroy it..
since when you pick up a tome, the effect that is created is not destroyed...
blizzard sure made a huge fail with all those leaks...

EDIT:
wasn't the update supposed to be published today?
come on man it's 3:25pm here!! can't wait to play it :p

Level 11
It will not be today. As always, we are unable to meet fan's expectations with deadlines we put for ourselves...

Sorry, guys, but there is much to be done. We may need 1 more week, or even more. What A.Dominion said for this Sunday was in the best case... Which never happens. I got some trollish Flu and half of the day I'm trying to concentrate and do some work on the game, but I cannot do much. It is good enough I'm at least not creating bugs :p

As for Werewolf - I know it, it is one of my favourite games. Perks in JTR will be much more complicated than there :)

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Sorry for delay :p

but from beggining there was crazy lot of work to do...
the job/perk are almost done, 92% (3 job left)

i had trouble with multiboard and changed them multiple time and redone the skip trigger 3 time to adapt to new needs...
i fixed lot of bugs....and i am tired from the full week work (more than 8 hours per day on trigger)...i want some rest...

Xorkatos you said yourself to me: "take your time, your are not oblige to do it for sunday, working to much on trigger can make you feel degusted from triggering"

well i toke you to your word :p
right now i am very busy with my real work, so i will work on trigger when i have time, another week seem ok to complete what's left...
if i would go full throttle i could maybe finish in 2 days, but i don't want to work 16 hours in two days, so i will work 16 hours in 5-6 day, and rest a bit....
thanks for your understanding ^^

and anyway i have to wait for Dangerb0y to fix his latest version of his great stacking system, because there are huge bug in it that cause problem in JTR.
if by end of week the couldn't fix it, i will replace in the map with the older version wich work perfectly...

after release maybe next week end.....we will let players test and play.....
there will be lot of balance to do after player feedback, and probably some bugs to fix, even if i try to make it as bugfree as possible....

Level 20
Xorkatos you said yourself to me: "take your time, your are not oblige to do it for sunday, working to much on trigger can make you feel degusted from triggering"

well that wasn' actually what i said but it was something similiar to that :p
also it's xorkatoss not Xorkatos...remember that :wink:

btw here is a very cool multiboard system that i created myself!!
(i made it for one of my maps but i got bored of the map so i saved it in case i needed it in the future :p)
i hope you like it :wink:

Attachments

• Multiboard System.w3x
    13.1 KB · Views: 52

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Sure xorkatoss sorry for the missing "s"

The update is continuing step by step...

we are on dual weapon (balancing/making)
job almost completed...
some more leak found are removed...
waiting for Dangerb0y to help with his stacking system...if he could adapt a little bit to JungleTroll Reborn that would help a lot...
things looking quite good ^^

Level 3
I've come to the conclusion that this is the single best map in the history of Warcraft 3. Congratulations. :goblin_good_job:

(*cough* playable females in some form would still be nice though, the way everything is feels quite realistic already so i don't see why not, it would only add to the feel of the map. No, not for sexual reasons or anything, ((really, you got a problem if you think 'sex' as soon as i mention the word "female". :hohum:)) It just feels like it would fit in you know.)

Level 3
Adding females as in adding classes for them or just adding the model? I asked for just adding the model before and they told me something that you can look back at it and for adding classes. They want to keep the game balanced adding it will just throw things off whack.

Level 11
I personally like the idea very much, and it is not about sex, but, as you say, about realism. Alas, we make decisions what to do depending on gameplay needs, not on personal attitude. We don't have the physical time to do everything we want so we do first the things that can improve the gameplay or fix bugs, and then - the things which are just "shiny".

You see, there is not just an adding of models. It is creating new hero units, who need to be bound by all the triggers which rule the "male" classes, and it is a big technical work.
A.Dominion has already done a huge work of improving triggers and adding great new content. This guy needs to sleep, you know :p

We'll discuss it, but probably not for the upcoming version.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Lol
well since it is a Blizzard game custom map i though we could make player wait (like blizzard tend to do).... :D

but seriously, well i couldn't complete and test the game, but since sunday i couldn't work on it i gave it to Gad saturday evening, for testing and release maybe....
So you won't have to wait for another week, he said that we would release the game as it is and then fix the bug while player are doing real in game testing for us ^^
so there is a high possibility that bug are in, but i think it should be ok, and anyway for next week i will correct any bugs people report...

So have fun...(for release it should be soon, but ask Gad about that :p )

Level 11
Sooooon... Just one more day, I hope :)
We tested a whole 3 hour game and no major bugs appeared, but there were some nasty problems we better fix.
The game runs even better, thanks to A.Dominion's advanced triggering, and many things are optimized for easy and less annoying gameplay.

Level 1
what ya mena by better? better than the current 3.9 or 3.8? Cuz to me its impossible to play the 3.8 due screen/mouse lags.

Level 5
ummm i just tested this map.It is great it does have a little lag but i waz installing CS 1.6 at the same time ^^ .But all in all this is great just one question will u replace the UI cuz it would be great ^^ :D peace ... ^.~

Level 11
Enjoy the new version. It has become really good, thanks to A.Dominion's hard work!
If you notice any bugs, please report them here or to my e-mail, so we can fix them for the next version.

Important Note:
if you want a Jungle Trolls Room to be created in Garena,
please register to Garena forums and support this thread!

Level 6
i heard this map is so good :) im going to test (^^)

EDIT: tested, here is what i got :)

The Bad Stuff:
- lag annoying + i have wooden pc :(
- items are sometimes hard to find :S

The Good Stuff:
- every single thing els including from troll to animals to items to crafts :D

Suggestions:
- reduce lag more :D there mite be leaks that causes this :S

Map, is so amazing, :O
Rate: 5/5
Rep: 1+
Vote: -

Last edited:
Level 20
nice the new version is released!! going to test it now :thumbs_up:

EDIT:
i like it now that warrior has battle statistics ;D
also i think that the special effect of the wet buff is getting a bit annoying...
i don't know but i find it stupid lol
maybe you should remove the effect or change it...
also i think you could make a good use of this model ;p

EDIT 2:
after watching the tutorial here are my thougts about it:
-It was a good tutorial and it explained the game very well
-The only bad thing is that it was a bit too long...

offtopic:
a good way to reduce lag and make the game run better is with this program: Game Booster v2.0
it helped me a lot with all of my games so i recommend it :thumbs_up:

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

This map is super fun! I've played it for about 20 minutes all in all and this is how I view things:

like+
- Nothing is easy, and thus everything is 3x fun
- Like the "BUAAAAAAA" message when eating raw meat. XD HAHAA
- Cold, warmth, food and the systems controlling them are amazing. Crossing a river, chasing a stupid frog that wouldn't die from 2 stones o_O wouldn't be smart if you don't have the materials to build a fire!
- The general idea just... amazing
- I pretty much adore that everything is either found/made/crafted - nothing is really given but the basics, and the conditions are dire when your out of food, out of fire materials, out of energy

dislike-
- It lags like a mf-ker. My computer isn't wooden, but its not a satelite either. I'm guessing you are using way too many "every X second of game time"
- When I died, i didn't knew where this tauren totem is and I had to sell my soul to get reved :3
- It lags
- It lags
- Sometimes it freezes for few seconds... some code exploration, speed up the triggers and turn off the triggers that aren't used. that's how I fixed my lag triggers in my maps. Whats not used is off

Summary
- I really really really like playing this for hours, even alone.
- Would AI be too much to ask for?
- LAG FIX!
- Other than that, this is a 5/5 awesome project. Thumbs up

Rym

Rym

Level 3
hmmm i guess i should try the new version now ^ ^
ill be posting bugs if i manage to encounter some.

Level 1
Играта е стрхотна видях новата версия и много се зарадвах играя си я сам (сингъл)
Основния проблем наистина е лага на 22 -30 ден играта задължително забива :(
Забеляах че като ловя риба не винаги ми дава това което съм хванал(новата версия)

И като предложение бих дал когато трола спи близо до пещера да се наспива като в (troll hut-a или подобно).

От миналата версия мнго се ядосвам на змиите 4ти левел ако попадна на такова гнездо от 3 или пове4е почти винаги умирам, имат баш който нети позволява да избягаш
Това е от мене наслука и продължавайте да радвате.

А и замалко да забравя от къде се прави Greatest Elexir?

Level 2
Hey, good work as always, i bring you some (maybe old) bug reports again :) And even some suggestions:

-Spellbook Arcanum of Damage has Freeze spell with hotkey E which doesnt work.
-Trolls can already sleep in huts which are just being built
-Trolls never fall to Coma, they auto-Sleep when Energy is low (maybe intentional? I dont see it in list of changes). Maybe they go in Coma when they are rapidly awakened from sleeping when tired?
-Stacked Parchment divides twice when dropped on its icon once.
-Beasts infected by Plague dont drop Skin (or its again intentional?).

Suggestions:
-Could the Shaman staff be made of something else than Fishbone? Like Feather? As one needs to make the Pole to fish first, then the staff (unlike others weapons)
-Could the Voodoo masks retain the 10% evasion when Imbued? (Maybe it does, i recall not seeing it in the description at least)

Level 11
Magnet199
I wish I could reduce lag more...

xorkatoss
I think the same about the wet effect, I will maybe search for a smaller buff.
About the program - I would not dare to use it. I don't know what it may do to this WEU-created, complicated and unstable map. It isn't quite typical and sometimes even very normal things are not working as intended.

sentrywiz
Well, we cannot fully fix the lags :(
I am happy you like so much the game, despite of them.
As for the AI - it is too much, just because I cannot do it and A.Dominion maybe can, but he is really short in time... But one day maybe...
"some code exploration, speed up the triggers and turn off the triggers that aren't used" - all this is done, except maybe for the last part. We will observe the triggers and see whether is possible some of them to get turned off when unused (but the map uses a heck of triggers).

eXquISiT, змиите 4 левъл са анаконди, има ги само на едно място и не е добре да се закачаш с тях :)
Greatest Elexir се купува от Tauren Merchant в центъра на картата.

kubaf
"-Trolls never fall to Coma, they auto-Sleep when Energy is low (maybe intentional? I dont see it in list of changes). Maybe they go in Coma when they are rapidly awakened from sleeping when tired?"
It is only in Easy mode, in order to increase the survivability of newbees :p
The other ones are bugs, I will see what I can do! Thank you a lot!

Level 2
Serious bug

Another bunch of bugs, this one makes the game absolutely unbalanced:
-Shamans Voodoo revival doesnt consume the resources, instead it MULTIPLIES them!!
(You need to have enough items to revive two monsters, i had items from Wolf lvl 2 and Wolf lvl 3)

I killed two wolves, collected their drops, picked up 14 Voodoo Scriptures and Animated two wolves. But in my inventory was one wolf skin, 7 Scriptures, one bone and some meat. I was able to animate unlimited amount of wolves, each time i ended up with MORE raw meat, more scriptures, same skins and bones.. BTW after 6 wolves i had 84 scriptures and 30 raw meat :) It grows exponentially and lags more and more when reviving.

Some minor bugs:
-Hunter tent cant be Deconstructed in Forge (other tents can).
Hunters Pet Dens Hawk when level 2 upwards has Drop all ability like Antelope, but can only pick Carnivorous food. Maybe its there because it can hold more than one item (=two)?
-Hunters Pet Den consumes Energy when used when already having a pet from the Den.

I really like the new lvl 4 animals (their skulls to be exact), now i dont need to die to get bonus attributes.

It would be great if the Voodoo Masks were easier to Imbue, i guess its hard to steal a pact with devil (or should one use its own?!)..

Heres the Reviving bug in action
jtt.jpg

Last edited:
Level 11
Okay, okay, me getz it, mon :)

The bug with voodoo revive has been fixed for the next version (which I hope will be released soon).

"- Spellbook Arcanum of Damage has Freeze spell with hotkey E which doesnt work."
Strange, seems okay to me... Are sure that when using it, your language was English? For example I often fool myself, because I use cyrillic...

"- Trolls can already sleep in huts which are just being built"
Yes, but for now I have no idea how to fix this.

"-Stacked Parchment divides twice when dropped on its icon once."
I see no bug. Can you explain a bit more?

"- Beasts infected by Plague dont drop Skin (or its again intentional?)."
That shouldn't be possible... Maybe you killed a cub?

"- Could the Shaman staff be made of something else than Fishbone? Like Feather? As one needs to make the Pole to fish first, then the staff (unlike others weapons)"
No, the wand already requires Feather. But Fish Bone can also be acquired by killing piranhas.

"- Could the Voodoo masks retain the 10% evasion when Imbued? (Maybe it does, i recall not seeing it in the description at least)"
Melee attack evasion has only the imbued Demonic Mask. But if you mean the 10% power attack evasion, it is still there, even in tooltips.

"- Hunter tent cant be Deconstructed in Forge (other tents can)."
In fact, only the Hunter's Tent (pig skin) was deconstructable in Forge. Fixed.

"- Hunters Pet Dens Hawk when level 2 upwards has Drop all ability like Antelope, but can only pick Carnivorous food. Maybe its there because it can hold more than one item (=two)?"
All hawks level 2-4 should be able to carry all items and they weren't. Fixed.

"- Hunters Pet Den consumes Energy when used when already having a pet from the Den."
Done.

"- It would be great if the Voodoo Masks were easier to Imbue, i guess its hard to steal a pact with devil (or should one use its own?!)."
The Demonic Voodoo Mask is quite imba. It should be hard-to-get :)

Level 2
Cool :) Some more bugs then:

-Revived Antelope cant carry items other than carnivorous food
-Sacrifical dagger takes blood from Plants :) The cursed troll is the user of the dagger then (in singleplayer at least)
-Sacrifical dagger and the Troll blood (without Doll in inventory) use their charge when used and are unusable then.
-Shaman cant make Voodoo doll, only Shaman Hut can
-Rotten meat is labeled as Food when clicked on the ground
-Inventor Chainsaw cant cut tree in one cut
-Inventors inventing is a bit bugged too, after 3-4 reviving it Added parchments instead of consuming

-The Elder beasts head becomes Shrunken TROLL head in Cauldron :) Thus its possible to use it to get Invisibility voodoo Mask.

To the parchment bug:
-In inventory it works normally, but if you try to divide it in Inventors hut it will go from 3 units in one slot to 1 unit in three slots.

To the Freeze spell bug
In my keyset the E letter is not changed; i thought it may be a conflict with the pre-build unit orders (Attack, Stop, Patrol..), but not these 5..
I can use the Panic ability with E hotkey normally btw.

To the Mask and Skin bugs
-It works as it should; but i still think i killed a lvl 2-3 bear with only meat+bones dropping..

To the Troll huts bug
Maybe change the Sleeping type decision to an Aura like Heat from Forge. Give the Hut a Better Sleep aura, then it will be usable only when its finished (like forge heat).

Level 11
kubaf,
I fixed most of those bugs too, thank you a lot!
Some of them are not bugs though.
- Sacrificial dagger was meant to be usable only once, well now I made it usable once per day.
- Shaman Voodoo Doll crafting removed. You need a Sacrificial Dagger to use it, so one way or another you need the Voodoo Hut.
- Inventor Chainsaw now adds great melee damage to the troll for a few seconds, which are more than enough to cut a tree.
- about the sleeping in unfinished hut/tent: possible, but not needed so much :)

sentrywiz,
Are you sure that turning triggers off/on would improve the game?
Because just now they are commanded by a few "major" triggers which serve as an event and run only the triggers that are currently needed (thanks to A.Dominion's thorough optimization). So my question is - can it be of help, if those triggers, which anyway are not used until needed, are in addition turned off?

Rym

Rym

Level 3
hmm instead of AI, why don't we play sometime? if you have a Garena account, add me up. user name: Rym
coz i have the same problem as well ^ ^
Hope to see you guys there and we'll be jammin'

Level 3
To Rym: Maybe I hope we can play ^^

To Gadina: Lol! I saw the new version before you put that comment up

I'll test it out and see how it goes

Level 20
sentrywiz,
Are you sure that turning triggers off/on would improve the game?
So my question is - can it be of help, if those triggers, which anyway are not used until needed, are in addition turned off?

yeah, by turning off unused triggers the game performance will improve ;p

EDIT:
I think that the Combat Leap (warrior ability) should be replaced with the Heroic Leap
because the troll dissapears and lands at a point magically lol
IMO it wil make the game more realistic ;p

Last edited:
Level 11
Another bugfix version has been uploaded!
Inventor should now craft perfectly and the Voodoo Revive should be finally fixed.

New option has been added to the game: Tribe Change. For now it is just for testing. Be warned, it may not work well or even cause a critical error, just use it in the end of the game, for example when only a few players have survived, to form new balance of the teams.
Commands:
-leave (The troll leaves the current tribe and becomes an outcast. He loses all buildings to the former tribe mates. Becoming an outcast is a prerequisite to be able to join another tribe).
-invite ## (Where ## is the number of the invited player, for example 01 is Red, 02 is Blue etc. Invites somebody to join your tribe. If more than 50% of your tribe mates agree on that, he becomes part of the tribe.)
-accept ## (Where ## is the number of the invited player.)
-veto (If any player uses it, all invites and accepts of his tribe will be nullified.)
One player may vote only for 1 invitation at any time.

xorkatoss, thank you again. I think we really need something like that :)
As for turning off unused triggers... Well, I tried it and created a bunch of shiny new bugs and malfunctions and had to restore back to the previous state :)

Jhabull, I hope not. But it was possible to share units with other players, including the troll. It is Warcraft III functionality which was unable to be turned off, even though with triggers. But I expect that the new patch 1.25 fixed that :)

Level 1
Why my troll can't wear a gauntlets? it's a wolf fur gaunts and is level 1 which is wearable by every class right? When I try to pick it up from the ground nothing happens.

Edit: BTW the class I'm using is an inventor.

Oh, and I also tried removing all my items then try picking up the gaunts again but still nothing.

Last edited: