• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Items in shop specific to players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I wanna know is it possible to make a shop where items are only specific to players, for example: player1 in the shop sees 2 items and nothing else, player2 sees other 2 items...

Level 11
You can make items only show for ALLIES of the owning player player using the standard abilities that are in the Arcane Vault/Neutral Shops. But Items are shared and you cant specify certain items to be shown to specific players that way.

What you are wanting could be probably done through a bit triggering though.
For example you could do something along the lines of: when the shop is selected by a certain player, remove items and add different items.

This would make it when Player 1 selects the shop, it add 2 items, but when Player 2 selects the shop, those items are removed and two different ones are added to the shop.

Level 3
  • Events
    • Unit - Shop is selected
  • Conditions
  • Events
    • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Triggering Player) equals to Player1
      • Then - Actions
        • Selection - Select SpecificShop for Player1
Create some invisible units, based on shops. Fill them in with items you need. When player selects visible shop, this code will redirect them to these units instead. You can adjust their setting to fit the aesthetics better, for example make their selection circle match the selection circle of visible shop.

Level 11
  • Events
    • Unit - Shop is selected
  • Conditions
  • Events
    • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Triggering Player) equals to Player1
      • Then - Actions
        • Selection - Select SpecificShop for Player1
Create some invisible units, based on shops. Fill them in with items you need. When player selects visible shop, this code will redirect them to these units instead. You can adjust their setting to fit the aesthetics better, for example make their selection circle match the selection circle of visible shop.

That's a good idea. Much easier than what I suggested.

Level 4
Thanks! That's so basic I don't even know how I didn't thought about that :p

Level 24
You can also make all shops at that place and give them all the right model.
You can then hide all shops that are of other players so I will have a different unit on that place than you will have.

But as long as this works, it is fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.