• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item used in Spells popping out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, erm there's some problem with one of my passive skills.
The Dummy has inventory slots.

This is basically what my trigger does:

Event : Unit is Attacked
Condition : Triggering Unit has buff Illusion Dodging
Action :
Set Chance : Random integer from 1 - 100
If (Chance = Integer less or equal to 5)
then Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Triggering Unit) at (Position of (Triggering Unit)) facing bla bla degrees
Hero - Give (last created unit) the item (Illusion for Illusionist)
Item - Order (last created unit) to use (Illusion for Illusionist) on (Triggering Unit)
Unit - Give 2 second expiration timer to (last created unit)

The spell works, but the problem is, sometimes the item (Illusion for Illusionist) pops out at random locations. Can someone help? thx

Level 11
well... go to the item that pops up and make it perishable and with one single charge... if it doesnt works... then make the item undropable and in object editor go to units then "drops items on death" on your unit and uncheck it...

i think that the first one will work

Level 11
well if it doesnt cast the skill, that is why it still pops up... but if the dummy unit doesnt cast... why does it appear?... go search in your triggers and see if you are not making them (the dummy units) appear in some region by accident... and see if they pop up at the center of your map (the center is where the camera starts when u load your map in WE)

Level 2
I haven't got the time to try out the ways you said yet, but i know that when the items spawn, they always create a lot at a time (probably because i didn't add a trigger cooldown). But the places are random. Maybe a trigger cooldown (add a small turn-off-trigger time) would reduce the items spawned, but the thing will still spawn. I remembered that DotA's phantom lancer also had this bug before, but rarely. Some items would pop out.

Anyway, i also would liuke to ask, how do i check what is the OrderID of an item's ability?
Thanks.

Level 11
well in my map i have a trigger that every time you cast an ability a dummy unit creates an illusion of yourself (thats everything this skill does... it is a modification of war stomp that does nothing)

here it is

• Sorento casts Conjure image
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Conjure image ( Sirena Sorento )
    • Actions
      • Set Sorentos_owner = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Location[66] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Image Caster ( Dummy Unit ) for Sorentos_owner at Location[66] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Image_caster = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Inventory (Kanon & Minnos) to Image_caster
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Conjure image ( Sirena Sorento ) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Image Maker lvl 1 ( Sorento ) and give it to Image_caster
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Conjure image ( Sirena Sorento ) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Image Maker lvl 2 ( Sorento ) and give it to Image_caster
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Conjure image ( Sirena Sorento ) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Image Maker lvl 3 ( Sorento ) and give it to Image_caster
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Conjure image ( Sirena Sorento ) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Image Maker lvl 4 ( Sorento ) and give it to Image_caster
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Hero - Order Image_caster to use (Last created item) on (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Image_caster
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Location[66])
as you can see my trigger has 4 different lvls of illusion (each deals more damage) once i had the problem you talk about... but i solved i dont remember how... so thats why i post the whole trigger here for you (the inventory kanon and minnos is just an inventory with 2 slots and item is called Image Maker + lvl)

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.