• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item selection scale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I've got a stupid question :D is there any way to increase item selection scale?
Art - selection size editor isn't working the way I want it.. I still have to click somewhere between the middle of the whole item animation, in order to pick it. That makes it really hard to pick the item.

Edit: The scaling value of the item does increase the selection scale, but I want to keep the original size of the item.

Level 13
I've had this before. The problem is with the model you're using for the item itself.
Selection scale will do nothing. You'll have to delve into 3D modeling and change the surface of the model, or just use a different model for the item.

Level 13
Eh, it depends on the model he's using for the item. I had this one item that was a fishing rod, but because it was so thin for the selection point, it took players FOREVER to right click it. I had to change one of the selection surfaces to be a large part of the reel.

Level 2
I've had this before. The problem is with the model you're using for the item itself.
Selection scale will do nothing. You'll have to delve into 3D modeling and change the surface of the model, or just use a different model for the item.

Ah so thats the case.. allright man thanks for the info :D

Level 1
It's really easy just add a collison sphere in magos. If you really want to go the extra mile just import any geoset with the selection size you want, calculate extents, and yhen delete the geoset and save.

Status
Not open for further replies.