• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Randomizing scale of existing doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello !

Alright. Let's say I place some trees on a map. As I use a brush to place them, I can choose to have their scale be randomized between its min and max value (0.8 / 1.2).
Now let's say I place a bunch more of them, and I then change my mind, open my Object Editor and put those scale values to 0.8/1.4.

Is there any way to have my existing trees put through the randomizer once again to have their scales be between 0.8/1.4 ? I'm obviously not fancying having to put them all back on the map by hand and while I could use certainly Select All Special + Nudge Selection > Scale Up four times, it would only increase the size of all my trees by 0.2, ensuring I won't have any left in the 0.8 - 1 range. I'd like their scales randomized instead.

I tried to use Replace Doodads with Reset Variations, but either I'm missing something while using it or it's not working as I expected it to.
Any ideas ? Is it possible at all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.