• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this possible ? Save/Load Sys !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there .. I want to know is it possible to make a save load system that will save not only the items and hero stats .. but also quests (are those done or not done)? If anyone have idea pls help me .

Level 2
It ll be faster if i just ask... could sameone make system like this for me ?
Im more terrainer than script writer. This system is very important for my project n i ll be
very thankfull for that system .

Level 11
Someone can explain something to me,
how does Igen know if my code isnt new, for example my save/load code is
"1-291", cant someone just change it from "1-291", into "1-293", and change his equipment?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Only if it does not store a hash of elements stored in the code. What the hash does (or sometimes called checksum) is it performs an advanced mathimatical operation on the elements of the code and player name to produce a number which varies gretly if any element is changed even the smallest amount. Due to the difficulty of computing this, it renders the code safer as you can not just change numbers to get better items like you described above.

If you scramble the code, it becomes even safer as changes may affect random elements so getting a better off code is statistically unlikly (to the point no one will bother).

All this does not stop people like me from just extracting the save system from your map and passing it internal values to compile which corospond to rigged items.

Status
Not open for further replies.