• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible Unit that needs Immolation type ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a unit that is spawned with an item that has permanent invisibility and permanent immolation. The immolation won't work when the unit is invisible. I need a way to kill enemies as they get get close to this invisible unit. I tried to go into Gameplay constant and find something, but the best I could find was a was to allow invisible units to emit an aura. I made an Unholy aura that does damage instead of heals, but the maximum rate is -10 HP / sec, and that won't kill fast enough. Any thoughts?

Level 4
I thought of that, but preferably I want the owning player (and his allies) to be able to see it.

Level 13
you could use a trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - a Unit comes within 300 of <your Unit>
  • Conditions
    • owner of triggering unit is an enemy of owner of <your unit>
  • Actions
    • Unit - kill triggering Unit
if you don't want instant kill use "cause <your unit> to damage triggering unit" or sth like that, check unit actions for that

Level 4
That would work for one unit, but it needs to work for all units of a certain kind. (i.e. all footmen)

Level 13
well depending on how much units you have you could add an event for every footman you have, or you could use any aura with no effect which targets only enemy units, i think you can change it in gameplayconstants so invisible units can give auras, and then kill every unit that gets the aura buff, you can also try again with immolation after changing this, cause it might have been the reason why it didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.