• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

invisible models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Maybe you need to check waht textures it needs, maybe it is not mdx but mdl, maybe texture files are not blp but tga, or maybe model is not working because of some problem, try reimporting or redownloading! Otherwise try opening in the model viewer and check out the textures there or if the model shows there! Hope this helps!

Maybe you need to check waht textures it needs, maybe it is not mdx but mdl, maybe texture files are not blp but tga, or maybe model is not working because of some problem, try reimporting or redownloading! Otherwise try opening in the model viewer and check out the textures there or if the model shows there! Hope this helps!
will i have to open it in WE or ill haveto download it in this site? Can you give me link?

Level 45
err..no i doubt its his editor.....do not reinstall wc3..

just remove the models from your map COMPLETELY and redo it again with proper path, this is a bug I come across sometimes, thats the only way of dealing with it is to keep reimporting and making sure the path is correct.
If a model is imported and custom textures are missing, that can cause this issue but normally the model would be invisible in both WE and ingame if that was the case.

err..no i doubt its his editor.....do not reinstall wc3..

just remove the models from your map COMPLETELY and redo it again with proper path, this is a bug I come across sometimes, thats the only way of dealing with it is to keep reimporting and making sure the path is correct.
If a model is imported and custom textures are missing, that can cause this issue but normally the model would be invisible in both WE and ingame if that was the case.
OK i removed all the models that are invisible and reimported and i double clicked one of my imported files and it took me into the Imported files properties.So i check the box saying custom path and then highlight and delete/backspace remove the
war3mapImported\ and then press ok for each one???

Level 45
OK i removed all the models that are invisible and reimported and i double clicked one of my imported files and it took me into the Imported files properties.So i check the box saying custom path and then highlight and delete/backspace remove the
war3mapImported\ and then press ok for each one???

what? is this for the mdx or the texture?
DO NOT tamper with the mdx path can cuase buggy issues and you need the proper path for the textures (blp.), you dont just guess them or presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.