• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Integer A Variable Dialog Does Not Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a system for specific dialogs to appear at certain points of which the dialogs are randomly assigned.

Thus the need for space saving, using integer a, in setting up the script.

I have tested all other parts of this trigger to see that they are activating. The only problem is the dialog, which does not show.

I have created the dialogs, 1 through 11, in a previous trigger using custom script.

• Custom script: set udg_ChooseSpire[1] = DialogCreate()

• Choose City
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters TunnelEntrance 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to |cffb9d1eaScientist|r
    • Actions
      • -------- RanSpawn1= Ignesium --------
      • -------- RanSpawn2= Alaronth --------
      • -------- RanSpawn3= Colletis --------
      • -------- RanSpawn4= Avinum --------
      • -------- RanSpawn5= Quarus --------
      • -------- RanSpawn6= Orfus --------
      • -------- RanSpawn7= Gellus --------
      • -------- RanSpawn8= Lucidus --------
      • -------- RanSpawn9= Mortia --------
      • -------- RanSpawn10= Umbris --------
      • -------- RanSpawn11= Lapideus --------
      • Set TempString[1] = |cffdeb887You see a feint glow far down this tunnel... The smell of hot metal wafts up in warm updrafts.|r
      • Set TempString[2] = |cffdeb887Something crackles and snaps in the emptiness of the voidful tunnel. A series of dancing lights lead your eyes from within the depths.|r
      • Set TempString[3] = |cffdeb887You are assailed by the strong scent of some sort alien flora. A viney life has over taken the walls around you.|r
      • Set TempString[4] = |cffdeb887A powerful draft of wind rushes at you from within. Where is this coming from?|r
      • Set TempString[5] = |cffdeb887Collesced moisture trickles down grooves in the wall and flows through small trenches to either side of the tunnel.|r
      • Set TempString[6] = |cffdeb887You are greeted by the distant thrum of some sort of mechanism... still beating somewhere deep within the crust.|r
      • Set TempString[7] = |cffdeb887It is uncomfortably cold... The walls here drip as ice begins to melt, but you can see that it is thicker deeper in.|r
      • Set TempString[8] = |cffdeb887Golden walls shine as they are exposed to light. A brilliant pillar lights the top of a spiral staircase.|r
      • Set TempString[9] = |cffdeb887Something foul wafts up from the moist air below. An odd growth glings to walls.|r
      • Set TempString[10] = |cffdeb887The tunnel ahead is pitch black and cold... a mysterious entrance forces you to question your intrusiveness.|r
      • Set TempString[11] = |cffdeb887Carved stone decorates the walls intricately here. Glowing formations dot the descending tunnel ahead.|r
      • Set RegOp = TunnelEntrance 4 <gen>
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Integer A) Less than 12
            • Then - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • Open[(Integer A)] Equal to True
                  • (RegOp contains (Center of RanSpawn[(Integer A)])) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set sound = No sound
                  • Set sound = SecretFound <gen>
                  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
                  • Sound - Play sound
                  • Custom script: endif
                  • Dialog - Change the title of ChooseSpire[(Integer A)] to Enter?
                  • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) the text: TempString[(Integer A)]
                  • Wait 4.00 seconds
                  • Dialog - Clear ChooseSpire[(Integer A)]
                  • Dialog - Create a dialog button for ChooseSpire[(Integer A)] labelled Yes
                  • Set ChooseSpireButtons[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
                  • Dialog - Create a dialog button for ChooseSpire[(Integer A)] labelled No
                  • Set ChooseSpireButtons[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
                  • If ((RegOp contains (Entering unit)) Equal to True) then do (Dialog - Show ChooseSpire[(Integer A)] for (Owner of (Entering unit))) else do (Do nothing)
                  • Custom script: set bj_forLoopAIndex = 13
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) the text: This entrance is no...
              • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Level 19
well duh u never show it?

Dialog - show dialog

the event is

Unit - A unit enters TunnelEntrance 1 <gen>

where regop is

Set RegOp = TunnelEntrance 4 <gen>

so

If ((RegOp contains (Entering unit)) Equal to True) then do (Dialog - Show ChooseSpire[(Integer A)] for (Owner of (Entering unit))) else do (Do nothing)

that wont return true assuming the tunnel entrances are different. why the wait though

Level 6
You're right. That random variable change happened while I was trying to fix the problem and was only half of my problem. The custom script for activating dialogs was what I really needed.

So I fixed my problem and then broke it again.

Thanks for pointing out what was right under my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.