• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ingame textures in milkshape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, so I am using MilkShape 3D 1.8.4.

I am texturing my model, and I want to use in game textures.

But it only allows me to use textures I exported (I used Magos). When I export textures I don't change theyr name (I use default one that is given).

Then I use it in milkshape, wrap them and all other stuff. But when I import model in wc3, will the game automatically finde thos textures in game, or will I have to import used textures, automatically killing the point in using in game textures?

Or, am I doing it completely wrong with ingame textures?

I looked thro out tutorials, but didn't find the answer. I hope I didn't overlook something.

Level 31
It will work fine, but after exporting and saving as .mdl open the .mdl file with Notepad and replace the "Textures/white.blp" with the path of the texture you use.
If you have more then one texture, You can copy:

Bitmap {
Image "PathofyourTexture.blp",
}

and paste it.

Remember to change the number above to the number of textures you use.

Level 7
Ok, so I am using MilkShape 3D 1.8.4.

I am texturing my model, and I want to use in game textures.

But it only allows me to use textures I exported (I used Magos). When I export textures I don't change theyr name (I use default one that is given).

Then I use it in milkshape, wrap them and all other stuff. But when I import model in wc3, will the game automatically finde thos textures in game, or will I have to import used textures, automatically killing the point in using in game textures?

Or, am I doing it completely wrong with ingame textures?

I looked thro out tutorials, but didn't find the answer. I hope I didn't overlook something.

What I do is I take a screen shot of the texture save it as a BMP or a JPG, and then crop it in Paint, and the size won't matter cause it will adjust to the size of the BLP automatically if you do it this way. and then change the texture path in either notepad or War3ModelEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.