• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increased Spell Damage during Metamorphosis form?

Level 14
Hi. I wonder if it is possible to make a Hero get increased spell damage done by its spells when it is in a Metamorphosis form? I have a hero in my map with a Metamorphosis ability with 3 levels and I want it to give 15/25/35% more spell damage done by spells when it is in the Metamorphosis form. Is that possible and how to do it?

Level 20
  • Metamorphosis
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Takes damage
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) has buff Metamorphosis) Equal to True
      • (Damage From Normal Attack) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Event Response - Set Damage of Unit Damaged Event to ((Damage taken) x 1.15)
This should work, although it entirely depends on what sorts of damage your hero can deal. For instance, I think this trigger would apply to stuff like orb effects, envenomed weapons etc. So if you're using any of these, it's probably not the right solution

Level 14
If the buff solution doesn't work, check the Unit-Type of the (Damage source) instead. You could also add a minimum damage requirement to avoid empowering certain low damage but high tick rate effects like Chaosium mentioned, although that's entirely up to you.
I did the unit-type solution.
Is this correct?
  • Sorceress Form lvl1
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Elven Queen of Lorien (lvl1)
    • Actions
Btw I do not want orb effects to be affected by the increased spell damage so how do I solve that?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I did the unit-type solution.
Is this correct?
  • Sorceress Form lvl1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Btw I do not want orb effects to be affected by the increased spell damage so how do I solve that?
Yes, it's correct.

What orb effect deals spell damage that you're worried about? Why would it be an issue to increase their damage by 15%?

Anyway, assuming you have your reasons, you either need to use Custom Script or Bribe's Damage Engine to get further control over the damage Event.

These two functions exist in code form that allow you to check the Attack Type and Damage Type of the damage event:
vJASS:
BlzGetEventDamageType()
BlzGetEventAttackType()
You can't easily access these in GUI because of an oversight by the developers.

These are the different Attack Types you can compare to:
1711231839385.png

These are some of the different Damage Types you can compare to:
1711231748924.png

Here's where you can learn about the different Damage Types:

This trigger would work to prevent "poison" damage from getting bonus damage, which applies to the Envenomed Weapons and Parasite abilities:
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if BlzGetEventDamageType() != DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON then
    • Custom script: endif
Also, you can prevent small amounts of damage from getting bonuses if that works for your situation:
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Damage taken) Greater than 20.00
^ The damage has to be more than 20 for it to get the 15% bonus.

Last edited:
Level 14
Yes, it's correct.

What orb effect deals spell damage that you're worried about? Why would it be an issue to increase their damage by 15%?

Anyway, assuming you have your reasons, you either need to use Custom Script or Bribe's Damage Engine to get further control over the damage Event.

These two functions exist in code form that allow you to check the Attack Type and Damage Type of the damage event:
vJASS:
BlzGetEventDamageType()
BlzGetEventAttackType()
You can't easily access these in GUI because of an oversight by the developers.

These are the different Attack Types you can compare to:
View attachment 467140
These are some of the different Damage Types you can compare to:
View attachment 467139
Here's where you can learn about the different Damage Types:

This trigger would work to prevent "poison" damage from getting bonus damage, which applies to the Envenomed Weapons and Parasite abilities:
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if BlzGetEventDamageType() != DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON then
    • Custom script: endif
Also, you can prevent small amounts of damage from getting bonuses if that works for your situation:
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Damage taken) Greater than 20.00
^ The damage has to be more than 20 for it to get the 15% bonus.
Thanks so much for explaining. I had problem with an item that got the Envenomed Weapons orb-effect and it deals 20 damage per second so this really solved it!