• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

In need of model editing assitance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I tweaked a footman with some spikes and gave him the priest's cape. He needs animations. Is there any way to copy animations from the footman and from the priest, merge them together, and add them to this model?

I want him to be able to defend with his shield, attack with his sword, and have a flowing cape. Is this possible without making animations from scratch?

He's saved as a .max file at the moment. I made a custom skeleton for him but I can always import the original skeleton if need be. Trouble is, the importer I have for 3dsMAX does not import the animations correctly...

+rep to anyone with suggestions!

Level 49
I'm pretty sure it is impossible to perfectly copy the priest's cape to the footman model. The only way I could think of is to copy all the bones and their related sequences and use a global sequence to keep the cape flowing through all the animations. But that can be quite tedious and I recommend you just animate the cape from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.