• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Idealist Challenge #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
IDEALIST CONTEST #1
What's this?
A fairly simple contest where your hero ideas could be recognized and possibly realized in an actual game or could benefit others that would use your ideas. Anyone can join and anyone could win. All you have to do is to create a hero idea based on the theme.

This contest is inspired by the Hero Creation Contest in thehelper.net and by the Idealist's Challenge in The Pinoy Resource Society.

What's the theme?
The hero idea should fit in one of the four races of TFT and it should be balanced out to melee heroes. One race, One new hero per user.

RULES:
  • One hero per contestant.
  • You choose the race in which your hero is affiliated with. No custom races allowed.
  • Your hero must have a brief description. The story must not exceed 50 words since most melee heroes only have simple descriptions.
  • You must state the hero type (e.g. Paladin, Warden) and must have at least 3 proper names.
  • The hero's main attribute must be stated
  • The hero must have a model that fits his purpose/race. The model can be ingame or imported and an ingame image featuring only the hero must be included in the submission.
  • Spell description must be like the melee spell description and your submission should include the icons used by the spell. Ingame or custom icons are allowed. If your spell uses imported icons, you MUST add a link to the icon resource.
  • Your submission must be placed in a pastebin entry and should ONLY be PM'ed to a judge or to the host. This is to provide anonymity until the contest is over.
  • Posting WIPs or spoilers of your work directly (or revealing other authors) before the public voting has finished is strictly prohibited. Posting one will cause you to be disqualified. If you want to post WIPs of your work for whatever reason, send a link of your pastebin entry to the host (that would be me I suppose) and I will post it anonymously in the contest thread.

How will your submision be graded/judged?
  1. Once the deadline comes to an end, noone can submit any more submission. I will post a list of the submitted entries that were given before the deadline.
  2. The submissions will be scored by the judges and with a public poll that will last for a week.
  3. The judges will grade the entries through the following:

Synergy
    - How well does the skills work together? and does this hero fit in its specified race and given description?
    -- / 25
    Creativity and Originality
    - Is your hero original and well thought out? or is it just a CnP hero?
    -- / 25
    Balance
    - Is your hero fit to be a new melee hero or is it too overpowered/too weak?
    -- / 35
    Fine Details
    - Are the descriptions understandable and are typo-less? Does the icons use the right button borders?
    -- / 15
    TOTAL SCORE:
    --- / 100
  4. After being scored by the judges, they will post a list of the scores but no names shall be mentioned. The submission that got the grade will not be mentioned neither.
    Contestant 1 Total Score: 100/100
    Contestant 2 Total Score: 99/100
    Contestant 3 Total Score: 10/100
    Etc.​
  5. After the scores are revealed, the host will create a public poll lasting 1 week that would contain all the submitted entries. The author's names will not be revealed yet to prevent voting via popularity or the likes of it.
  6. After the voting has ended, the top 20 submissions will receive the following scores. (Will be adjusted depending on the number of submissions.)

#1100 Points#675 Points#1150 Points#1625 Points
    #295 Points#770 Points#1245 Points#1720 Points
    #390 Points#865 Points#1340 Points#1815 Points
    #485 Points#960 Points#1435 Points#1910 Points
    #580 Points#1055 Points#1530 Points#205 Points
  7. The final scores (Judge's scores + Voting scores/Number of judges + 1)will be tallied and the authors will then be revealed.

Are there prizes?
I haven't decided what the prizes shouls be but It should be fairly small since this is just a simple contest. But these are my suggestion for he prizes:
20 rep -1st place
14 rep -2nd place
8 rep -3rd place.

=== If you have questions then just post and I'll try to answer asap. Comments and suggestions are really appreciated. ===

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Interesting. My favorite parts are where this contest attempts to stick to anonymity, and to Blizzard guidelines. I never really liked flashy AoS heroes anyway.

So is this purely an "idea" contest? Or are we making something in the WE? Also, will we be able to suggest/use the ideal set-up for a hero (i.e. the Dreadlord's Vampiric Aura is schweet... But only when you get to use Ghouls & Abominations. Otherwise it's pretty pathetic. Same with Healing Wave; no slightly-damaged friendlies, no point)?

Level 23
So is this purely an "idea" contest? Or are we making something in the WE?

Just an idea contest. No more, no less. :)

Also, will we be able to suggest/use the ideal set-up for a hero (i.e. the Dreadlord's Vampiric Aura is schweet... But only when you get to use Ghouls & Abominations. Otherwise it's pretty pathetic. Same with Healing Wave; no slightly-damaged friendlies, no point)?

You could add an additional info in your submission where you mention those kinds of things.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeeesssss... I guess. However, I find that all the great ideas in the world don't do very much if they don't contribute in some way or can be turned into in some way, an in-game idea.

What I fear in a contest like this is that the victory will go to the one who can best word their entry, or come up with the most complex one.

Status
Not open for further replies.