• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I want a trade hero system/trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Just as the topic suggested, I was trying to make a trigger where one person would type such as -trade blue then the targeted person will get a notification that they got requested to trade and may type such as -yes red to accept the trade or -no to deny and end the request, but I have failed miserably.

I have tried to find such system in HIVE but nothing regarding the topic comes up aside from trade resources system.

I want a trade hero system so please assist me.

Thank you in advance.

Level 12
I can, but it would have to wait until Monday.

My one ask would be can I make it more universally useful to others who may want a similar system by making it ask which hero if the player(s) have more than one hero? (if they each have only one hero it won't ask which)

It seems like it could be generally useful for map makers so I'd rather make it with multiple creators in mind, but I can help to cater it to your needs after the fact.

I would be using JASS, but if you need some GUI triggers for user-friendly-accessibility I can work that in when I cater a version toward your need.

If someone else can do it sooner, by all means take their help, but I can if no one else wants to

Level 6
I can, but it would have to wait until Monday.

My one ask would be can I make it more universally useful to others who may want a similar system by making it ask which hero if the player(s) have more than one hero? (if they each have only one hero it won't ask which)

It seems like it could be generally useful for map makers so I'd rather make it with multiple creators in mind, but I can help to cater it to your needs after the fact.

I would be using JASS, but if you need some GUI triggers for user-friendly-accessibility I can work that in when I cater a version toward your need.

If someone else can do it sooner, by all means take their help, but I can if no one else wants to
Sorry for the late reply. Currently, I use GUI.

I would be very appreciated if you could help because I cannot find such system on the site and when I make it myself, it doesn't function properly

Basically, for example, red will type -trade blue

then the message will pop up to red that said he has chosen to trade with this person and will have to wait for his reply while blue will got a message saying that red is requesting to trade and if blue comply, he can then type -yes to accept then trade will begin or -no then trade will be cancelled.

Maybe make it a one time trade request so people won't spam it? Not sure, but I really hope for your help!

Thank you in advance!

Trading the ownership of Hero Units.
What hero units will be traded? The one being selected by the one taking initiative?

There's a lot to think of, so giving a very detailed explanation of the system can help everyone else grasp the whole system you are asking, since the chat aspect is just a small fragment of a larger scale system and I have zero idea how this whole transfer stuff works.

Level 12
There is a lot to think of, I messaged @ZeroGravity to clarify, so that's the only reason I knew a bit more.

I'll let him answer to it since I'm pretty out of place to answer, but from what I gathered he wanted a very easy-to-use system for a game in which it seemed each player would only have one Hero that would be relevant to trading.

I had a plan, but they had a lot of overtime available at work so I haven't started yet although I told him I would if no one took interest before it was convenient to me.

From talking to ZeroGravity, my plan was to make a system which
1. Assumed each player had one hero.
2. When one player initiates a trade proposal by naming the player they would trade with like so "-blue" for player 2 et c.
3. The offered player would be presented the details of the trade (something like "SomePerson wants to trade their Level X Blademaster for your Level Y Archmage" (if in a dialogue then do agree/disagree buttons, if text then continue the message with "Type '-yes' to confirm or '-no' to deny this trade."
I didn't get far enough to ask whether there was any preference of Dialogue vs displayed text.

To me, this seemed like it could be blown up into a simple system that others might use so I was thinking I would make something a little more dynamic and then I would reduce the commands/functionality to ZeroGravity's needs since that's more than was asked for and I didn't want to over complicate the system requested.

Alright, I'm butting out now lol

There is a lot to think of, I messaged @ZeroGravity to clarify, so that's the only reason I knew a bit more.

I'll let him answer to it since I'm pretty out of place to answer, but from what I gathered he wanted a very easy-to-use system for a game in which it seemed each player would only have one Hero that would be relevant to trading.

I had a plan, but they had a lot of overtime available at work so I haven't started yet although I told him I would if no one took interest before it was convenient to me.

From talking to ZeroGravity, my plan was to make a system which
1. Assumed each player had one hero.
2. When one player initiates a trade proposal by naming the player they would trade with like so "-blue" for player 2 et c.
3. The offered player would be presented the details of the trade (something like "SomePerson wants to trade their Level X Blademaster for your Level Y Archmage" (if in a dialogue then do agree/disagree buttons, if text then continue the message with "Type '-yes' to confirm or '-no' to deny this trade."
I didn't get far enough to ask whether there was any preference of Dialogue vs displayed text.

To me, this seemed like it could be blown up into a simple system that others might use so I was thinking I would make something a little more dynamic and then I would reduce the commands/functionality to ZeroGravity's needs since that's more than was asked for and I didn't want to over complicate the system requested.

Alright, I'm butting out now lol
That's okay. If you already take the go ahead, it's also fine for me. I am just interested in the details because if Spell Section doesn't have this, then it can be a new resource to write :D

Level 12
That's okay. If you already take the go ahead, it's also fine for me. I am just interested in the details because if Spell Section doesn't have this, then it can be a new resource to write :D

Definitely not a problem to me if you wanted to jump on this, that's exactly what I was thinking, that if we don't have one we might want to, also since I'm new to JASS I was looking at it like good practice, but what you said about not having a system is why I wanted to complicate it for a system and then boil it down for ZeroGravity's needs/ per his request, I figured the first asker could have a little special treatment, but we'd have a nice system.

I'm super busy with work and have been feeling like I'm spending too much time with WE lately (being long-term single and turning 30 soon might have something to do with that lmao), so if I'm not being selfish, I think it's best if others go for it if they want. And at my best I hate selfishness, so if I feel it, I'll be happy (later) if I deny myself (now).

Status
Not open for further replies.