• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need some JASS Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need Alliance Triggers. I need to convert these to something much smaller and easier-
Event>>
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Swear Red as An exact match
Contition>>
(Freeze01Red Equal to False) and ((Number of living ADummy (Trigger) units owned by (Triggering player)) Greater than or equal to 1)
Action>>
Unit - Create 1 ADummy (Swear) for (Triggering player) at (Center of AlliSetP01 <gen>) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

These get repeated as this-
Event>>
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Swear Red as An exact match
Contition>>
(Freeze01Red Equal to False) and ((Number of living ADummy (Trigger) units owned by (Triggering player)) Greater than or equal to 1)
Action>>
Unit - Create 1 ADummy (Swear) for (Triggering player) at (Center of AlliSetP01 <gen>) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

But they also repeat to this-
Event>>
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Swear Blue as An exact match
Contition>>
(Freeze02Blue Equal to False) and ((Number of living ADummy (Trigger) units owned by (Triggering player)) Greater than or equal to 1)
Action>>
Unit - Create 1 ADummy (Swear) for (Triggering player) at (Center of AlliSetP02 <gen>) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
With the changes as shown in the 2nd trigger.

That in and of it's self is a problem, but it gets worse.
There is also a -Ally, a -War, and a -Revolt
The Conditions change for Revolt, changng from Grater then or equal to 1 to less then or equal to 0.

Considering I need 144 triggers for each alliance state, I am looking at 576 triggers to setup this system, not counting the 24+ that are required for the actual action of it all.

All of this is caused by the fact that I cannot get any player to type a message containing that to register and then return with the triggering player to make everything else work. I believe JASS allows this, but I am not good with Jass. I already made 288 of these triggers, But I want to reduce my map size, not increase it, and don't want to make 288 more.

Edit>> Dr Super Good Informed me that if I set every player in the events area, it will work as I need. I have done so and the triggers now work. If I could rep, I'd rep him. My problem is solved and I no longer need this thanks to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.