• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] I need help with two things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. I need a trigger, and I know ive seen this before.. how do i make it so that when I use my peon in my map to make a building by using an item. so that when hes in the certain region and he uses the item to make the building, when the building is done building itself it automatically changes to a different ownership?

2.I dunno if this belongs here but how can I take off the minimap in the game... like I can put my own picture and itll take off all the units and everything so only the picture is there? I know ive seen this in another map like UTHER PARTY except in uther party its jsut black, I want a picture there instead.

• Building
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (YourRegion <gen> contains (Constructed structure)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Constructed structure) to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color
Import a custom 256x256 BLP image and rename the path to "war3mapMap.blp"
(This image wont hide the units from the minimap, set the "Stats - Hide Minimap Display" in the Object Editor to true to hide your units from the minimap)

Level 3
Thank you very much, just one more question to your last answer... can it be
war3mapMap.tga or does it have to be war3mapMap.blp?

Level 3
Ok i did the trigger and it worked perfectly... but I realized that thats now what I wanted..
Lets see if someone can find this. Is there a way to make it so that the newly made structure is still owned by the player that made it but it cannot be control as, the player cant choose the target, the structure chooses its own target because the unit that is being made is an orc watch tower

Level 8
Ok i did the trigger and it worked perfectly... but I realized that thats now what I wanted..
Lets see if someone can find this. Is there a way to make it so that the newly made structure is still owned by the player that made it but it cannot be control as, the player cant choose the target, the structure chooses its own target because the unit that is being made is an orc watch tower

Well, you could give the unit the locust ability. That would prevent anyone from selecting it, so you couldn't give it orders. That would, however, also make it so you couldn't target the tower...

@ Deep Sea Kraken: be patient. This is a forum with people from all around the world who may, or may not, speak very good English.

Level 3
Ok look let me make it more clear.
A player makes a tower to try to kill an ogre, but I dont want it to be selectable, or at least it cant be issued an order.. As in the player makes the tower and it begins to attack its ogre, but it cannot change its target. But it has to remain in the ownership of the player who made the tower

Level 8
Well, the numerous "its" and misplaced modifiers in the clarification didn't help much in clarifying. Just to make sure:

Ok look let me make it more clear.
A player makes a tower to try to kill an ogre, but I dont want it to be selectable

I am assuming "it" refers to the tower, though the way you wrote it specifies that you want the ogre to be unselectable.

As in the player makes the tower and it begins to attack its ogre, but it cannot change its target.

I will assume that "its ogre" is the ogre that the specific tower is supposed to be attacking and that the following "it" and "its" mean that the tower cannot change its target (meaning that the tower can only attack the ogre).

But it has to remain in the ownership of the player who made the tower

"It", meaning the tower, not the target. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh, and if you take offense to this post, please know that it was not intended. I am simply trying to more fully understand your expectations for the trigger...

Level 3
Ok you are mostly right... It refers to the tower... But with the ogres I meant because its like this. There are 8 ogres with equal space in between. then there are equally sized stations to place your towers. When you place a tower in one of the stations it automatically attacks the ogre in front of it, but the target can also be changed to a different ogre, and I donot want that

EDIT: Ok one last thing I need help with, I promise itll be the last for this map. How do I change the name of the quest guide on top... Like I know ive seen it on other maps with instead of quest it says help... I mean the button that is

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Under advanced/gameplay interface if im not mistake is where you change all the UI looks and text for the various buttons.

For the tower, simply make the tower not able to attack and spawn a unit that has locust at the towers location (of course it can attack like you wanted the tower to) and get it to hold position, and your done since it would auto attack and the player can not change its target.

Level 3
Under advanced/gameplay interface if im not mistake is where you change all the UI looks and text for the various buttons.

For the tower, simply make the tower not able to attack and spawn a unit that has locust at the towers location (of course it can attack like you wanted the tower to) and get it to hold position, and your done since it would auto attack and the player can not change its target.

Hmm.... ok you lost me at For the tower

Tyvm for the first part about the advanced gameplay... it worked

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT DOUBLE POST!

And for the tower what he means is this:

For the crypt lord's ultimate spell you cannot select the locusts he spawns. Thats because they have the locust abilty. So what you do is this:
Event:A building completes constuction
Condition: Triggering unit is equal to (Auto Attack Tower)
Actions:
Unit - create one (dummy tower attack) at position of (constructed structure
Unit - order (last created unit) to (hold position).

And for the (dummy tower attack) you have to make it in editor and give it the dmg, cooldown, missile art you want the tower to have and give it the locust ability.

There you go

Status
Not open for further replies.