• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Level 17
Yeah definitely, many things on the images get changed around though. I will post a proper entry in the OP once at least some models of every set are finalized.

So ! I did one more revision of the cove tree foliage lol... (the three trees on the pic) because I still wasn't happy with it.
And made buncha rocks with caustics, for your watery creations. They don't look good with vanilla water but they are just fine with the water plane model everybody uses.
They are darker and have moving caustics on them, you will see what I mean when you import.

I'll add the cove foliage today and some of the other crag stuff.
I'll also add a preview of the "clever" particle models as the cove contains three of those. It is basically particles that are hand animated instead of being computed by the emitters which makes for much nicer and more realistic movement of things like pollen/leaves in the wind/snow.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oh you added a donation link. Did you get a permission for that?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The gods of this site ofc ^^

I mean staff

Level 17
I doubt the gods care.

Here is a preview of some of the hard to describe stuff. I moved the mouse accidentally while recording so the obnoxious windows feature gives you a glimpse of my desktop !
Was too lazy to fix that so yeah.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Water rocks are cool, they simulate reflection quite nicely.
I also really like the leave effect, the cycle is very nice. Want to ask something, you mentioned there would also be fireflies, will they have a glow similar to that of the lamp post and candle?
On a side note, Catherine fan? ^^

Level 36
Oh you added a donation link. Did you get a permission for that?

*cough* What button? *cough*

Well, I guess he should have asked for permission,
and I guess I should have said something when he
didn't. But I let it slip because he's really making
such great additions to this forum, and if someone
is willing to show appreciation through money, then
I think he deserves it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we actually don't have any rules
directly stating that you can't add donation buttons.

Level 17
Yes they fireflies will indeed have small intensity omni lights that move.

On a side note, Catherine fan? ^^
Never played the game, but I like the overall game design and the character of Katherine.
But it is more about me not caring to change the wallpaper for years lol. It is a wallpaper from the laptop that got stolen but it had different resolution so I couldn't use the original.
I used to have an OCD of modifying wallpapers to fit my desktop layout because I feel icons always feel out of place when slapped on it.
But nowadays I just don't care.

Like so:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'd suggest watching the movie version on youtube if you have the time, it's 3 hours or less and the story is very cool and immersive with you never really knowing what will happen until the end. Characters are indeed awesome^^

Level 17
Download Modular Shire
Some cove stuff added, there is an animated bush in there please test it out and let me know if the animation is passable.
I somewhat based it on wind animation in unity3d and skyrim (this "shivering" animation) let me know if it needs extra work.
Either way I'll export the rest of the bush/tree set without animations in a bit.

The following stuff added to cove:
185888-albums6426-picture86300.jpg

PS:If you like the cove rocks you better back them up :p they are likely to be slightly modified in order to match the rest of the set better.

Attachments

• S&S - Modular Shire.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Really great , the palm is great, a lil boxy but its okay.

Since you're already making foliage / trees pack , how about adding more variation of flowers and mushrooms (And also , please make Terrain Tiles)? Well , honestly , for me , all of the models are enough , im just waiting for the tiles :)

EDIT:

Also , please upload the high quality textures of the foliage pack :)

Level 17
Well I'm back from Greece, I came home yesterday morning and slept through most of the day.
As such I'm resuming updating the pack and the work on Memento Mori.

The following have been added to cove set recently.
I also updated the cove bush, grass and flowers model with animation identical to that of the other trees and bushes.
Cheers !

Download Modular Shire
185888-albums6426-picture87103.jpg

Attachments

1.4 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 17
It is not based on any specific plant genus really but now that I'm looking at it, it does certainly have the hue of olive trees heh.
Expanded the foliage with glade skins, all of the depicted models are subtly animated.
Use the link from my previous reply.

185888-albums6426-picture87107.jpg

Level 17
BTW talavaj, are you still going to continue memento mori after this resource pack?
Yes, I resumed work on the project when I came back.
I will work full time on both of the projects these two weeks, though I have just got cold and it messed up yesterday's/today's schedule for me :(

Billboarding looks way worse IMO, it would also require me to change the models and the textures because the current branch type textures would look like ass when billboarded.
Also you would require a bone for each leaf clump, it would be morbidly inefficient.

At any case most assets are still WIPs so they may end up slightly better in the long run :)

Level 17
Still sickly but working, here is a small update for now. Snow skins added for all cove/glade trees bushes and rocks as seen in the preview below.

185888-albums6426-picture87486.jpg

Original post below:
BTW talavaj, are you still going to continue memento mori after this resource pack?
Yes, I resumed work on the project when I came back.
I will work full time on both of the projects these two weeks, though I have just got cold and it messed up yesterday's/today's schedule for me :(

Billboarding looks way worse IMO, it would also require me to change the models and the textures because the current branch type textures would look like ass when billboarded.
Also you would require a bone for each leaf clump, it would be morbidly inefficient.

At any case most assets are still WIPs so they may end up slightly better in the long run :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The Glade set is, hands down, the best in my opinion. I love how the snow variations look. Cove is also cool but the highlight of the set at the moment, for me at least, are the glade rocks and pines.

Level 17
Have you ever thought about getting your pack into Sc2. I doubt it would be hard to generate the maps.
I did but I do not have Sc2 myself.

Also coming up next, is the Vale set which represents the temperate forest found in Europe and most of NA and will contain the usual shared model pool of trees and foliage.
In other news, the tree type C will be added (although the type B may be discontinued in the future) and both the type A and C trees for every current set have been upgraded with extra details on trunks and branches unique to each set for extra flavor.
I'll add link later today or tomorrow.

185888-albums6426-picture87619.jpg

Level 17
185888-albums6426-picture87756.jpg

Tree type A regular snow and dead variants modified with extra details, you should be able to update the model in your map without it messing up anything with your layout, although Glade tree type now requires glade flowers texture to be imported as well.
Grass, flowers, bushes and tree type A (dead + snow) added for Vale set.

I'll add tree type C once I finish rigging of the branches.

Download Modular Shire
Update:
Stuff that will be in the upcoming update including water lilies, undergrowth models, mushrooms small and big, roots, logs and stumps alongside tree type C for vale,glade and cove set.

185888-albums6426-picture87949.jpg

Attachments

1.9 MB · Views: 113

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Give em' hell Talavaj, you've got it in you, of that we are all certain ;)