• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to use XE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Yeah most people jsut figure this out themselves and use it. I've been having some trouble learning vJASS though so I figured if I learned to use XE it'd further my understanding of vJASS.

Anyways, I was hoping someone could show me how they make a spell in XE. I've been wanting to make a simple fireball spell that explodes on impact with an enemy unit and deals damage in a small 250 AoE.

I've been using Caster System but it's problematic and innefficient.

Thanks for anyone willing to show me how to do it. I've read a few vJASS tutorials, but they're all quiet technical and don't show you how to make something in them. I guess I just learn by example. :\

Firstly, learn JASS.
Then, learn how to use it.
Then, learn how to code it.
Then, learn vJass.
Then, check some examples which are easier.
Then, learn how to use it.
Then, learn how to code it.

Then, after all this stuff, you will be able to use XE.

XE uses most of the latest technologies in vJass and should never be a beginner system.

Level 13
I'm on the basics of vJASS, but I do not have it down. I can do a few minimal things that I've learned.

If you could point me to some good learning examples of vJASS then I'd be better on my way.

How some people were shoving XE down my throat to use it I figure it wasn't a complex system, especially seeing as how easy CasterSystem is. The thing I like about these systems is it does the math for you, which is my terrible spot.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
JASSHelper Manual

Trust me, it's worth going over.

If you have any questions, ask me or post another help request. I can assure you that a lot of people here want to help you learn some good vJass skills and are willing to work with you no matter what your questions are, it's just we prefer specific questions to be asked.

Level 13
I've viewed the JASSHelper manual before, though it was when I was starting to get past local variables. My only issue with it is that it's so technical and mentions jargon and lingo without any real explanation of them beforehand.

You almost need a background in OOP languages to even use the manual, and I don't have that. Also I live in a very active, busy household, and this stuff requires immense concentration just to understand.

I've learned quiet a bit more so I'll look at it now. Maybe I can understand it fully this time around.

I'll also try to look at the code and see if I can't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.