• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to prevent to stop the transmission in cinematic mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Unskippable Transmissions
Many people get angry when some random starts pressing "ESC" repeatedly to skip the transmissions, it can completely ruin a cinematic. However, there is one easy snippet of code which can make all your transmissions unskippable:

This will basically disable it. To do it in GUI, you use this:
  • page.gif
    Custom script: call DisableTrigger(bj_cineSceneBeingSkipped)

To enable it for whatever reason, use this:

However, you have to wait until you've made at least one transmission before calling that function. I recommend that you use this neat little snippet:
[Snippet] Disable Transmission Skip

Simply place the code in your header (copy the Vanilla JASS Version), and make a trigger on map initialization:
  • base.gif
    My Trigger
    • joinminus.gif
      events.gif
      Events
      • line.gif
        joinbottom.gif
        folder.gif
        Map Initialization
    • join.gif
      cond.gif
      Conditions
    • joinbottomminus.gif
      actions.gif
      Actions
      • empty.gif
        joinbottom.gif
        page.gif
        Custom script: call DisableTransmissionSkip()

And the ESC skipping will be disabled for the rest of the game! (or at least until you call EnableTransmissionSkip())

Here is a how to do it, although I'd recommend going to just look at this tutorial as it got a little jumbled in the quote.
Tips and Tricks for the Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.