• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to play ELF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, once again, tell us another, and better one. Cause this one is pretty simple. Early resource and huge army. The archer and tower thingy is just for a fact, that players can attack at start with good, or bad army.
Ignoring your opinion till you say a better strategy, no matter how hard this sounds.

Ok, simple NE strategy that any newb can go 50% with in ladder:

Scout
AoW creep your DH
Build 3-4 archers
Scout

Tech
Buy Boots of Speed
--OR--
Buy Boots of Speed
Continue building archers
Tech

Scout
Grab Beastmaster
Scout

Get 2 Ancients of Lore
--OR--
Get 2 Ancients of Wind
Research Nature's Blessing
Scout
Build heavy Bears against mass melee with light Dryads or heavy Dryads with light Bears against mass air
--OR--
Build DOTTs
Scout

Scout
Tech
Grab Tinker
Attack if you're Bears/Dryads
--OR--
Tech
Grab Tinker
Rsearch Cyclone
Scout
Attack

You can do this all out of one base and still win. Worse case scenario, move your Tree to a new mine after researching Nature's Blessing. Creep your Demon Hunter to 3 with standard creep pattern and then creep your Beastmaster to 3. Once you have Beastmaster you can start harassing if you're Bear/Dryad. After you hit tier 3 you can finally fight evenly. Get Tinker's Pocket Factory and passive to be useful. Micro your units. Don't suck. Make sure you buy staff of jesus.

For people who want a timetable of this: you should be teching to tier 2 at about 6-8 minutes and should be finished with your tier 3 tech by 10-12 minutes.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14

Scout
AoW creep your DH
Build 3-4 archers
Scout

Tech
Buy Boots of Speed
--OR--
Buy Boots of Speed
Tech

Scout
Grab Beastmaster
Scout

Get 2 Ancients of Lore
--OR--
Get 2 Ancients of Wind
Scout
Build heavy Bears against mass melee with light Dryads or heavy Dryads with light Bears against mass air
--OR--
Build DOTTs
Scout

Scout
Tech
Grab Tinker
--OR--
Tech
Grab Tinker
Rsearch Cyclone
Scout
Attack

You can do this all out of one base and still win. Worse case scenario, move your Tree to a new mine after researching Nature's Blessing. Creep your Demon Hunter to 3 with standard creep pattern and then creep your Beastmaster to 3. Once you have Beastmaster you can start harassing if you're Bear/Dryad. After you hit tier 3 you can finally fight evenly. Get Tinker's Pocket Factory and passive to be useful. Micro your units. Don't suck. Make sure you buy staff of jesus.

For people who want a timetable of this: you should be teching to tier 2 at about 6-8 minutes and should be finished with your tier 3 tech by 10-12 minutes.

This tactic is good, but there is 1 huge hole in it. It works for Team play, not for 1 vs 1 match. These units are great support, but can't go alone for sure. If enemy just masses let's say Grunts and Troll Berserkers, he will win for sure. But anyway, this tactic is good for team matches. Maybe that is the reason why we had a fight, I made a single player tactic, while you made a team play tactic, which are complete opposites.

Level 15
This tactic is good, but there is 1 huge hole in it. It works for Team play, not for 1 vs 1 match. These units are great support, but can't go alone for sure. If enemy just masses let's say Grunts and Troll Berserkers, he will win for sure. But anyway, this tactic is good for team matches. Maybe that is the reason why we had a fight, I made a single player tactic, while you made a team play tactic, which are complete opposites.

If this is a team tactic, why do the GREATEST NIGHT ELF PLAYERS OF ALL TIME WIN SOLO MATCHES WITH IT????

You are easily the worst player of all time.

Vunjo

Level 14
Cause of their imba magic immune skill, that's all :)

And, by what you said now, u think that u are the greatest night elf player, so this all is getting us nowhere. There is a fact, that there are units with their own role. I used tanks (Mountain Giants), damage dealers (Chimaeras), and kind of healers (Hero Cenarius + Druids of Claw), while you used all support units, which simply cannot go alone. Imagine enemy having army of Wind Riders and Taurens buffed. + If they got Whitch Doctor who can heal with healing ward, you won't deal even 0 damage to them. Face it, 50 max damage will get you nowhere. Going a little off topic, but why do you think that in RPGs there is a Role as it says in it? Heal, Damage, Tank, Support are main roles. Who can solo it? Heal, but slowly, and dmg dealer, but they are easy to die. Tank will just live, but won't kill a thing either, while support, will say WTF now, will try to heal for 30, deal 20 damage, and so low amounts. In short, Melee maps are based on best army, which should have all 4 of these roles, and you got only 1, and yet, the worst one...

We should end this conversation, even if you think u are better cause u got more posts and rep points. And just your atitude saying "Why do greatest NE players of all time win solo matches with it" proves that you are Adolf Hitler, can't accept a thing but win... If you manage not to post anything more stupid than the fact you just posted, then it will be fine. If opposite then I will have to challenge you to 1-1 match. Waiting for reply.

Level 15
Cause of their imba magic immune skill, that's all :)

And, by what you said now, u think that u are the greatest night elf player, so this all is getting us nowhere.
No I don't. World champion Night Elves use this build to win world championships.
There is a fact, that there are units with their own role.
Yes, I'm not saying units don't have their own roles. You're saying that units aren't diverse though, which they are.
I used tanks (Mountain Giants), damage dealers (Chimaeras), and kind of healers (Hero Cenarius + Druids of Claw),
Okay, so what's the point of wasting a shit load of food, gold, and lumber on Mountain Giants if they don't do anything but soak up damage? Especially when people won't attack them?

while you used all support units, which simply cannot go alone.
They don't, that's why you have 3 heroes. DH himself is a dps machine while Beastmaster has Quillbeast and Hawk to help out. Additionally, the Tinker provides a tank because if they don't kill his factory then their army will get completely raped.

Imagine enemy having army of Wind Riders and Taurens buffed. + If they got Whitch Doctor who can heal with healing ward, you won't deal even 0 damage to them.
If someone got Taurens, Wind Riders, and Witch Doctor on me, then they deserve to win, seeing as how that would take more gold, lumber, and food than anything I've ever seen in an actual game. Then again, I'm not some piece of shit player like you and I know to beat my opponent when they try to tech.
Face it, 50 max damage will get you nowhere.
It's not 50 max damage. It's actually a lot more. YOu just don't realize that because all you do is attack-move and watch your units die.

Going a little off topic, but why do you think that in RPGs there is a Role as it says in it? Heal, Damage, Tank, Support are main roles.
This is the dumbest thing ever. You realize WC3 is an RTS right?
Who can solo it? Heal, but slowly, and dmg dealer, but they are easy to die. Tank will just live, but won't kill a thing either, while support, will say WTF now, will try to heal for 30, deal 20 damage, and so low amounts.
Your logic astounds me.

In short, Melee maps are based on best army, which should have all 4 of these roles, and you got only 1, and yet, the worst one...
Bears are damage-dealing tanks that can support. They 1000+ HP with 40+ base damage along with like 5 armor. At the same time, they can heal themselves over the period of a minute and a half.

You sir, are a fucking retard and should learn to play the game before you actually post about it. Good bye.

We should end this conversation, even if you think u are better cause u got more posts and rep points.
I'm pretty sure you have more rep than I do. I just know I'm better than you because everything you've said in this thread is TOTAL SHIT.

And just your atitude saying "Why do greatest NE players of all time win solo matches with it" proves that you are Adolf Hitler, can't accept a thing but win...
WHAT? This is the most asinine thing you've said. You've been saying this whole time how YOUR strategy is the best way to win, and I'm Hitler for saying I have a better way to win? You are a dumbass indeed.

If you manage not to post anything more stupid than the fact you just posted, then it will be fine. If opposite then I will have to challenge you to 1-1 match. Waiting for reply.

Fine, I'll enjoy kicking the shit out of you.

Vunjo

Level 14
hehe I kinda loled while readin this :)
Anyway, if the hole point is Heroes + support units, then why didn't you tell it that way? I think that all you wanted to say by your tactic is that those neutrals heroes are great with some support am I right? If that is so, then the tactic is pretty well indeed, but you are still ridged imo :p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How to play ELF?
I do not think you posted this in the right section.

You will need to use a linux OS to run the file. Some game consoles like the DS/Wii and PS3/PSP can also run ELF files. Some mobile phones will also run the .elf files.
In computing, the Executable and Linkable Format (ELF, formerly called Extensible Linking Format) is a common standard file format for executables, object code, shared libraries, and core dumps.

Or you could remember that your ancient buildings can attack back and help with defense.

Level 30
Vunjo! please enough! your had your own tactics pal but for me its SUCKS! En_Fuego is telling the truth, how could anyone visualize a NE sporting such expensive details and can win legendary tactics? it definitely sounds like a child's play to me and a very, very weak method, if I were you, I would already shut the hell mouth out of me and let the real people show there best strategies.

Level 37
Defensive tactics in wc3 just doesn't work. If I have that kind of opponent I just do two to three expansion, creep my heroes to max level and won't let him expand.

Defensive tactics works against computer players, for example I have defeated with human race 8 insane computers alone. However, it wasn't just defending... Shame that I lost the replay. Maybe I should beat them again. :p

Vunjo

Level 14
ever played Ice Crown map with 11 bots FFA? It's god damn fun, and actually easy to play. Just mass units that's all :)

I will try to get a replay where I play NE with my tactic, but it could take some time for me to win with it XDD, hehe just kidding, it will take time cause of school and such.

Btw, I recently had 1 really funny game. 5 vs 3 vs 2 vs 2 cause of n00b host started the game :) I was in team of 2 players ofc, with only 1 guy :D It was god damn funny. The best thing of all is, we alone defeated the team of 5, and later on the rest :p And no, I was not NE =)

Well, indeed that it's better to have a real army, then just towers. But it's deffinetly better to have some towers in base and large army outside, than having mid army in base and mid army outside :)

Scout
AoW creep your DH
Build 3-4 archers
Scout

Tech
Buy Boots of Speed
--OR--
Buy Boots of Speed
Tech

Scout
Grab Beastmaster
Scout

Get 2 Ancients of Lore
--OR--
Get 2 Ancients of Wind
Scout
--OR--
Build DOTTs
Scout

Scout
Tech
Grab Tinker
--OR--
Tech
Grab Tinker
Rsearch Cyclone
Scout
Attack

First of all I must say that due to other annoying people that I just want to know an objective answer about the following question, I really respect you in real life since you helped me on the forum a lot.
Ok so this strategy show that you don't upgrade anything , use only hero + archer untill u get some bears or cycloners. Really with no offence, I used this strategy many times and about 99% of the times I lost due to archer low HP, Not fast enough tank (bears are on tier 3 with 2 unit upgrades and anciant built) - and you never said to use huntress or upgrade defense, never said to make towers.
If I use this "best tactic" of whole world champion I end up 10% win 90% lose , and I know this from real life experience.
I must force you to make more details about the tower? huntress? upgrades? units to cover my teching?.
As for the other guy, dude not only that you have a really good sence of humur since nothing you said is logical (Am I seppused to reach tier 3- without any start units and wish for the best with no lumber wisp [no towers!?])
And one final most important note!!!! To the other guy! PLEASE POST WITH EDDDITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT botton dont make 12345 posts so I have 5 pages on my post and Its become a joke post instead of good advices post. (give him warning maybe?).

Last edited:
Level 15
First of all I must say that due to other annoying people that I just want to know an objective answer about the following question, I really respect you in real life since you helped me on the forum a lot.
Ok so this strategy show that you don't upgrade anything , use only hero + archer untill u get some bears or cycloners. Really with no offence, I used this strategy many times and about 99% of the times I lost due to archer low HP, Not fast enough tank (bears are on tier 3 with 2 unit upgrades and anciant built) - and you never said to use huntress or upgrade defense, never said to make towers.
If I use this "best tactic" of whole world champion I end up 10% win 90% lose , and I know this from real life experience.
I must force you to make more details about the tower? huntress? upgrades? units to cover my teching?.
As for the other guy, dude not only that you have a really good sence of humur since nothing you said is logical (Am I seppused to reach tier 3- without any start units and wish for the best with no lumber wisp [no towers!?])
And one final most important note!!!! To the other guy! PLEASE POST WITH EDDDITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT botton dont make 12345 posts so I have 5 pages on my post and Its become a joke post instead of good advices post. (give him warning maybe?).

Ideally, you want to tech at about 5-7 minutes in. I'm assuming you're not used to this type of game. You also don't want to build a lot of archers. Make sure you micro well, also.

Keep in mind, if your opponent is going for an all-in push like 5 minutes into the game, stay at tier 1 and make a lot of units to defend it. You can also make towers.

The strategy I posted is just a rough outline. It requires a lot of skill, practice, and knowledge of the game to win with it. Keep in mind, you're probably still a beginning level player.

Level 20
Ok so I tried to play with Nelf vs Insane random bot just out of boredom because its quite a while when I played melee/ladder. It turned out pretty well... I lost a total of 0 units in the entire game. Ok 1 to bot because I pressed U instead of I and 1 to creep in the very late lol.

So its still vs a dumb bot but just wanted to share it lol... (and yes pretty dead thread too)

Attachments

• insane bot faceroll pls.w3g
    80.3 KB · Views: 42

Vunjo

Level 14
Just go Undead and possess a Wisp. Keep around a bunch of Acolytes, get three NE heroes, get a shittonne'a banshees, and possess as many Mountain Giants as you want. I'm pretty sure you can go over the food limit with Possession.

Possessing is very good if you do it the right way. It takes some time to possess the unit, and banshees got low health, so it's pretty much easy for the enemy to take tinker/crypt lord and mass the units with splash damage, so the possessing would be interrupted cause banshees would be stunned, and soon dead. If you have a way to prevent this, I would like to hear it.

EDIT: Anti magic shell FTW =)

Level 15
Moon as a satelite going around the Earth, or The Moon as a source of power in Night Elves?
What's your point?
WeMadeFox]Moon
MyM]Moon
Aka the "5th race"
Aka the "Greatest Night Elf player of all time"

He plays Starcraft II now after having made the most money of any professional Warcraft III player ever. He also won the second most tournaments (Grubby won the most).

He's kind of a big deal and if you play Night Elf and try to give advice, you really shouldn't if you don't know who he is. Hell, you don't even need to know Moon. There are other good players that you should at least know of like ReMiND, ThomasG, TH000, Nicker, Grubby, Infi, Fly100%, Sky, Lucifer, TeD, ToD, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.