• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make units Upgrade into other units? (Like towers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So pretty much I want units to be able to upgrade into other units, like the scout tower can upgrade into cannon/arcane tower.. I know its possible using triggers as it is done in the map Bug Evolution. Thanks for any help.

Level 2
  • Upgrade
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing upgrade as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Footman using The new unit's max life and mana
When you type upgrade it upgrades all the current units owned by player red into footmen. Now, you can edit that to make it so when you do an upgrade it only replaces a certain type of unit. Hope this helped :)

Level 7
This can be acheived in the upgrade section. Base your ability off the "troll berserker upgrade, as it changes a troll archer (or spear thrower, I forget) into a berserker. I think you should be able to figure it out from there, if not, then please say so. I hope that helps:grin:

Level 2
Uh thats not exactly what I want, I guess I should've been more specific, The berserker upgrade would upgrade all units of that type, also the upgrade would not be available on the unit itself, its a troll headhunter btw, lol

Level 6
I don't know of the map you speak of so you'll need to be more specific. You want a unit to upgrade under what conditions? The troll berserker upgrade works if you want all unit x to permanently become unit y, if you want a building upgrade, there's a section for that in the unit editor, if you want a purchasable upgrade, you'll want to use burrow/metamorph/destroyer form, if you want a unit to evolve after X number of kills or somesuch, you'll need to be more specific, because you're going to need to trigger that.

Level 5
Give a spell to the unit called upgrade. If the unit uses the spell then remove it an replace it with the upgraded version of your unit. This could be created by using triggers.

Level 2
Yes I'd like the upgrade to cost gold and lumber like a building and be for only that One unit, the option is not there if the unit is not a structure, I tried making the unit a structure but there are problems with that including it's large size on the minimap, i know this will require triggers and I've looked through them I just can't seem to find how..

Level 8
So you mean you want to have a unit that has the ability to upgrade itself that costs gold and lumber? If yes then you need to use the Druid of the Claw spell, idk if you can substitute mana cost for gold and lumber so you might need to use complicated triggers.

Level 2
In bug evolution a spell is not used to upgrade the unit, it somehow has the structure upgrade which is given to it with only triggers, I have a deprotected version of the map maybe someone who understands jass could help me see where the upgrade triggers are because I definitely cannot find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.