• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Str give +Armor, a +1 skill point item, and a + range item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright, my first question is can I change which stats give bonuses to armor/speed? I want to make Str give a bonus to armor. How would I go about this?

Next, is there a way to make an item that when used gives the hero +1 skill point?

Finally, is there a way to make an item that increases the attack range of the hero?

Level 5
To my knowledge you cannot change which stats give bonuses to which abilities. However, if you like, you can change all the Tooltip info under Game Interface, so that instead of seeing

Str: 15
Agi: 14
Int: 13

You see

Agi: 15
Str: 14
Int: 13

You essentially swap the labels of the stats, though this is a full swap (so "Str" would also affect attack and move speed...).

You can add Skill Points with Triggers. Simply create a dummy item based on Tome of Str and do trigger it to add a Skill Point when used.

There may be an item to increase attack range...I know that Goblin Night Scope adds Ultravision, which increases sight range, but I'm not sure about attack range. I think your best bet in that department would be to use an Orb, and set your heroes' Attack 2 range to a higher amount...that might work.

Level 5

I swear I've seen maps that have different stats contribute to different things... Maybe I'm just imagining things. Anybody else know? Also, does anybody know if/how you can uncap the movement speed max (552)?

Level 4
I tell you how guys, give your units 2 upgrade available until level 100 (you can update until 999 if you want to)

x=any integer you want to

Upgrade 1: Give x% attack speed and x armor each level
Set level of upgrade 1 to your str

Upgrade 2: Give attack range bonus by x each level
Item used then increase Upgrade 2 level +1

For skill points I guess you guys has answering it

Level 9
No need to trigger adding stats, just add the 'Tome of (Your Stat)' to an activatable non-perishable/charged item.
For increased range use the Long Range Rifles ability, at least i think it an ability. In melee it just requires an upgrade to use.
To change what stat gives what bonuses your going to have to use a custom system, as there is no safe non-triggered way to do it...
Hope this helps...

Level 4
No need to trigger adding stats, just add the 'Tome of (Your Stat)' to an activatable non-perishable/charged item.

What do you mean with this?? Some1 say to you for add status by trigger??

For increased range use the Long Range Rifles ability, at least i think it an ability. In melee it just requires an upgrade to use.

From the skill itself you can't change the variable of point increased, and if you use this skill it will give you 150 range each item used... How much attack range he get?? From 600>1200??

To change what stat gives what bonuses your going to have to use a custom system, as there is no safe non-triggered way to do it...
Hope this helps...

Granted! This one is help, anyway how we can change the custom system? Maybe you better use an trigger, it's not that complicated

Level 9
Earlier on in the thread Tooolbox said you should trigger adding stats. And i meant use the ability from the tome you want to use (e.g Tome of Strength) and add it to an ability that isnt charged.
As for the range ability i wasnt quite sure about it as i havnt experimented with it...

Level 4
I tried the range update for 1 maps (my forgotten project), from 600 attack range I upgrade the range (this is like an sniping tactics game)...

And then I upgrade, upgrade and upgrade... Wow!! My attack range is 1500, my own acquisition range, I want the range at 1500 after 45 times upgrade but it reach just in 15 upgrades.. Know why? Beacuse the rifleman skill only give 150 range it levels, so better you use an upgrade (check your maximum stats if it's 93 then the research maximum level is 93)

Level 5

I tried the range update for 1 maps (my forgotten project), from 600 attack range I upgrade the range (this is like an sniping tactics game)...

And then I upgrade, upgrade and upgrade... Wow!! My attack range is 1500, my own acquisition range, I want the range at 1500 after 45 times upgrade but it reach just in 15 upgrades.. Know why? Beacuse the rifleman skill only give 150 range it levels, so better you use an upgrade (check your maximum stats if it's 93 then the research maximum level is 93)

What is the name of the ability? I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.