• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Special Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello guys, sorry for my english

i want to ask how to make a special spell
like so

My hero doing a special move that pause the caster and the unit, and make them both invulnerable. After the special move end, dealing damage to the target.

like most of 5th skill on bleach versus onepiece map.

short example:
Like arthas, he doing attack animation 5 times. ( i can't move or using any command to arthas, so do the target. Also make them both invulnerable so the enemy can't attack the caster and the target)
after the animation ends. it deals damage to the target and make the unit to normal, can move, and vulnerable)

how to make spell like that?
thanks

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Base it off of Aerial Shackles. That will prevent both from moving. Make sure it can target invulnerable. Then:

A unit begins channeling an ability
Ability equal to [your skill]
Make target/caster invulnerable

A unit stops channeling
Ability equal to [your skill]
Make target/caster vulnerable

You'd need a timer to check that he channeled the full duration before doing the damage. This would also allow canceling early without dealing damage (this could be good or bad depending on what you want).

Another alternative is using the Unit - Pause command with a normal unchanneling skill but I don't like this because of the strange behavior of Pause Unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.