• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make spawning units uncontrollable? like in dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello guys,

i just want to know how to make your spawning units uncontrollable? just like in dota ? ex. a spawning treant that keeps moving and you cant control it.

someone please answer :cute:

Level 6
Well, first make a spawn trigger that spawn units every 30 sec etc.
The units spawned should be owned by a friendly team (Like Red Sentinels or Green Scourge in dota)

Next trigger:
Units enter range of a specific unit.
Make a locust+invisible unit (.mdl) unit at the spawn point and at every corner of their road and one at their base.
When the "army" then spawn they enter the range of the invis unit and are then ordered to move toward the next invis unit. When they get in range of him, they will start moving to the next invis unit and so on.

Hope that helps :)
-Sinizi

ps. I'm at school atm, so I don't really got time to write it in triggers :)

Level 10
In DOTA and in nearly every AoS-style map you will encounter, they accomplish this by creating seperate players to control their creeps.

For example:
Team 1 = Player 1 (controls creeps) and Players 2-6 (human players)
Team 2 = Player 7 (controls creeps) and Players 8-12 (human players)

Then simply ally all the players on each team (p1-6 for team 1 and p7-12 for team 2)

If your curious about how to spawn and move creeps (like in DOTA) this video might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXdXz3N9_g

in an unrelated note:

First of all damn you Sinizi, you must have beaten me in answering this thread by a matter of seconds.

ps. I'm at school atm, so I don't really got time to write it in triggers :)

Lawl I do this all the time (especially in math class)

Status
Not open for further replies.