• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit use hero items but not benefit from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IS there a way to make a unit with hero inventory not have benefits from the items?
I have courier units that are supposed to carry and craft recipes, but I don't want them to get stats from these items.

also the idea of dummy items that turn into real items when given to the hero is a lot of work. So I'm looking for something else.

On the Inventory ability for those units, set the "Can Use Items" flag to false. Then, the units will not benefit from items, nor be able to use them.

So then it sounds like you want a way for the units to still be able to use those items and maybe still do some kind of crafting. Since you were opposed to dummy items, what if you do it this way and then for those specific items usable by the units, script in behaviors for those with the Trigger Editor?

This solution isn't exactly easy but I think it might be a way to achieve what you're asking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.