• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello, I want to know how to make a unit fly while a person casts a spell. It has to do with crow form or something but how exactly? At the end of the spell, the unit must land. :ned:

PS: I think I've posted this in the wrong thread. Could someone (if i posted wrong) move this?

Level 13
well it depends on if you have only one unit that should be flying or more then one, i have a solution for one unit:

store the unit in a variable, i called it <flyer> and create a unit which is excactly the same as the flyer, but change its movement type to flying and set a flying height

• Events
    • a unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • ability equal to <your ability>
  • Actions
    • replace <flyer> with <changed unit>
    • set <flyer> = last created unit
  • Events
    • a Unit stops casting an ability (or ends the effect of an ability, not quite sure)
  • Conditions
    • ability being cast equal to your ability
    • replace <flyer> with <unchanged unit>
    • set <flyer> last created Unit
is not MUI

if you have more then one unit don't use the variables, but pick every unit of type ... and do replace action instead

Level 6
Give the unit that is going to fly the Crow Form ability and then remove it. Use the "Animation - Change (unit)'s flying height to (height) at (rate)" action to change its flying height. However, make sure the Crow Form ability is removed. You dont want your unit to transform into a Storm Crow for no reason.

To return the unit to its initial flying height, use the "Animation - Change (unit)'s flying height to (height) at (rate)" action again. Put height to 0, assuming that it is a land unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.