• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a page for my WarCraft 3 Campaing.

Level 4
Hello everyone. I was just wondering how do I create a page on Hive for my campaing that I am making? I've seen so many beautiful campaings created by really talented creators so it enspires me to create my own campaign. Thank you in advance.

If the campaign is still Work in Progress then the Map Development section is the right place to create a cool looking thread to keep people updated and show off your progress and project :)

Once it's completed, you can then upload it with a snazzy description in the Maps section.

Level 4
If the campaign is still Work in Progress then the Map Development section is the right place to create a cool looking thread to keep people updated and show off your progress and project :)

Once it's completed, you can then upload it with a snazzy description in the Maps section.
Thank you so much Footman16! I've watched Jayborino play your campaign and i really like it. Watching the playtrough inspired me to sit and make an effort to make my own campaign within the WarCraft universe.🙂

Last edited:
Thank you so much Footman16! I've watched Jayborino play your campaign and i really like it. Watching the playtrough inspired me to sit and make an effort to make my own campaign within the WarCraft universe.🙂
Aww, I'm humbled. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I left comments beneath every video that give some insight into my own creative process so hopefully they'll be helpful to you too.

My advice for any first project would be to start off small only a few maps before going big. Plan out the story before you start, the inbetween parts can be altered/tweaked as you go but ideally you should know where your story is heading. If you're struggling with triggers or how to do a certain thing then looking at the blizzard campaigns can help a lot, they're very rigourous in how they trigger and code stuff and you won't need to be as tidy but it'll give a good look into how to do things properly. Lots of small polish touches can add a lot to how good a campaign looks, for example deselecting units during cutscenes, it's a small detail but it looks amateurish if you don't do it.

Either way, all the best and good luck with the campaign.

Level 4
Aww, I'm humbled. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I left comments beneath every video that give some insight into my own creative process so hopefully they'll be helpful to you too.

My advice for any first project would be to start off small only a few maps before going big. Plan out the story before you start, the inbetween parts can be altered/tweaked as you go but ideally you should know where your story is heading. If you're struggling with triggers or how to do a certain thing then looking at the blizzard campaigns can help a lot, they're very rigourous in how they trigger and code stuff and you won't need to be as tidy but it'll give a good look into how to do things properly. Lots of small polish touches can add a lot to how good a campaign looks, for example deselecting units during cutscenes, it's a small detail but it looks amateurish if you don't do it.

Either way, all the best and good luck with the campaign.
Thanks for the advice and support. I will start with few maps first. I looked at the Blizzard triggers and I understand how it works. I made hundreds of triggers on my previous map that i didn't post and that was on patch 1.31 that i downloaded. Now I don't use the cracked version I have the disc of WarCraft 3 and i make campaigns there so I might be able to create a small campaign with not many triggers and models because got an old patch of WarCraft 3 can't pach it further. God bless you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice and support. I will start with few maps first. I looked at the Blizzard triggers and I understand how it works. I made hundreds of triggers on my previous map that i didn't post and that was on patch 1.31 that i downloaded. Now I don't use the cracked version I have the disc of WarCraft 3 and i make campaigns there so I might be able to create a small campaign with not many triggers and models because got an old patch of WarCraft 3 can't pach it further. God bless you.
If you have CD keys you can get reforged just without the HD graphics :) I would say making a campaign in either 1.29, 1.31 or the latest Reforged patch is the best way to go :)

Level 4
If you have CD keys you can get reforged just without the HD graphics :) I would say making a campaign in either 1.29, 1.31 or the latest Reforged patch is the best way to go :)
I don't really use Reforged. But by downloading 1.29 or 1.31 Is there a way to put those patches and files in your warcraft 3 folders from the installed game from cd key?

Last edited:
Level 4
I honestly don't know, you can download the patch files for sure and if you still have the CD key you just put them in when you first launch that version of Warcraft 3. It won't override your other versions of Warcraft, I have a 1.27, a 1.31 and Reforged on my laptop.
I undersand. I will try downloading those patches. Thank you.

Last edited: