• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to fix head ref issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was randomly trying stuff with Disarm to make some simple merged models, and ran into quite an issue. So, the model I attached below has a problem with it's head reference, according to MDX sanity tester (there's also a problem with animation, but I think that's the base model's problems) and during it's decay animation, the head stay mid-air.

I also seem to have a problem opening it in Magos, but it works in editor and in-game.

Would be very happy to get a solution to it, thanks!

Attachments

• PriestSwordsman4.mdx
    109 KB · Views: 43
Level 29
The attachment point name might be an error on my part, I will look into the rules of attachment point names again.

The actual error is that the model contains a geoset with no faces.

I added one face to it by converting to MDL and adding it manually. Delete the geoset itself if you don't want it, not the faces.

Added a check for this in the sanity test, although I am not sure how you managed to do this :p

Attachments

• PriestSwordsman4_fixed.mdx
    109 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.