• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to fix a corrupted war3map.j?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Not too long ago I tried out a camera system and it worked fine, but for some reason JNGP stopped working properly(when i clicked the test button it would start warcraft but it would put me in the main menu screen). I got annoyed and decided to try using normal world editor, but every time i tried to test my maps in world editor I got a script error. Scrolling through the script I saw that it was the script from the camera system. Next, I reinstalled Warcraft 3 and the I still get the same error. Also, when I don't edit any triggers I get the script error but I'm able to test the map. If I do edit the triggers I get the script error and it says "Map test aborted due to script error.".

Here's a pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7zxt45qpyzvbe/Untitled.png

P.S: I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum but war3map.j is a JASS script(?)

EDIT: I've downloaded JNGP 2 and everything works fine there

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Script error? Indeed, that is a code error. In JNGP, try turning on Vexorian Jasshelper and it will help you on finding and hunting code errors and such.

When there is a presence of code error in your map, it'll make your map unplayable and it is highly suggested that it should be solved to make your map be able to run again in test runs instead of returning you to the Warcraft III main Menu.

Do what Green!X suggested as well because it is easier to determine that it's in your camera system that makes it not work so once turning it off, there are chances it'll make your map work again.

It would be suggested to ask out coders and such to help you fix script errors.

Hope I helped!

Level 5
That's not a problem with JNGP. It's a problem with your camera system's script.

Disable the camera system in the editor then try again. I'm 90% sure it will start perfectly. If it does start properly, post your script here and JASSers will find out what's wrong.

There is no camera system, this happens even on new maps. The code for the system somehow ended up in the war3map.j of the test map.

Status
Not open for further replies.