• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to download warcraft 3 TFT non-reforged in 2024?

Level 1
Everytime i try to install a older version of warcraft TFT blizzard always tries to update it, i just want to play with the latest patch version of the TFT classic version and not reforged.
Currently using patch v1.27a and i dont know how to upgrade it to other latest version of classic TFT, Please help me

Level 29
You can't update the game to the higher version than 1.27b because it uses the new Launcher that redirects it to Battle.net, which automatically installs Reforged.
If you want to get any versions of Warcraft III, but not Reforged (up until 1.31), this thread might help you:

Currently using patch v1.27a
Patch 1.27 was made by the Reforged team leading up to their main work. As far as I know, patch 1.26 was the last patch made by previous people. But Patch 1.22/1.23 were the last version before or on the time of Activision merger. And as it also happens, they are the ones that I am nostalgic about where my old stuff really runs. So, lately I do a lot with my old 1.22 install but I think the 1.22 install might be modified by me 15 years ago to use 1.23 World Editor on 1.22 game because 1.22 World Editor still required the user to put the Warcraft III CD in their CD ROM drive, or whatever.

Anyway, Activision seems like they are not good so when I found out my favorite nostalgia patch happens to be the last one from before the Activision merger, I thought that was really interesting.

If you want to use the works of Reforged Team like 16:9 resolution or 24 players, why not just use official Reforged client where they combined it all together and broke stuff? If you download some 1.29 or 1.31, it is like the ultimate parody of Reforged team to use the good part of their work without the bad part. But those patches embed new Battle.net technology behind the scenes so they're probably still spyware. Of course, if I put on my tinfoil hat I might also say that almost everything is spyware these days.

Level 3
I don't know if this question is relevant so please forgive me. But I still have the CDs with keys but my new laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so when I try to install it will it automatically be the latest patch version with classic graphics and if that is the case could I still have older patch versions available?

Level 29
I don't know if this question is relevant so please forgive me. But I still have the CDs with keys but my new laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so when I try to install it will it automatically be the latest patch version with classic graphics and if that is the case could I still have older patch versions available?
The link that I posted above provides a download links for all versions of Warcraft III (no Reforged), in case you don't own the Classic game just yet by the time Reforged came out on January 2020.

The "Game Installers" section has two versions: the original installers that require CDs/ISO, which installs 1.00 (ROC) and 1.07 (TFT), and the digital installers downloaded from Battle.net, which is patched up to 1.21b (the first patch that removes the CD check on both games) and 1.27a (the first patch that supports modern OS). If you download one of these versions, you can still download the patch given in the "Patch Installers" section up to 1.27b (the last patch without Battle.net Launcher). Nonetheless, a legitimate CD Keys is required and you should NOT click on "Battle.net" button upon starting the game, which obviously downloads the Battle.net Launcher (and installs the Reforged).

The "Game Files" section provides a download links for the pre-installed client between 1.28 and 1.31. These versions are pre-installed, meaning you don't need to actually install the game, unlike the ones provided in the "Game Installers". Just extract the RAR files and start the game using "Warcraft III.exe". Do not use the Launcher, as it will automatically update your game to Reforged.

If you accidentally get Reforged and you still want older patches without Reforged features, you probably need to delete everything that's related to Reforged, which includes the registries that could interfere your versions.

Level 3
The link that I posted above provides a download links for all versions of Warcraft III (no Reforged), in case you don't own the Classic game just yet by the time Reforged came out on January 2020.

The "Game Installers" section has two versions: the original installers that require CDs/ISO, which installs 1.00 (ROC) and 1.07 (TFT), and the digital installers downloaded from Battle.net, which is patched up to 1.21b (the first patch that removes the CD check on both games) and 1.27a (the first patch that supports modern OS). If you download one of these versions, you can still download the patch given in the "Patch Installers" section up to 1.27b (the last patch without Battle.net Launcher). Nonetheless, a legitimate CD Keys is required and you should NOT click on "Battle.net" button upon starting the game, which obviously downloads the Battle.net Launcher (and installs the Reforged).

The "Game Files" section provides a download links for the pre-installed client between 1.28 and 1.31. These versions are pre-installed, meaning you don't need to actually install the game, unlike the ones provided in the "Game Installers". Just extract the RAR files and start the game using "Warcraft III.exe". Do not use the Launcher, as it will automatically update your game to Reforged.

If you accidentally get Reforged and you still want older patches without Reforged features, you probably need to delete everything that's related to Reforged, which includes the registries that could interfere your versions.
Okay thank you. I'm guessing then I can't have pre reforged and reforged existing at the same time? It's only for custom campaigns, I know the latest patch allows them but some of the older campaigns won't work on the latest version

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Okay thank you. I'm guessing then I can't have pre reforged and reforged existing at the same time? It's only for custom campaigns, I know the latest patch allows them but some of the older campaigns won't work on the latest version
Of course you can. Just access them differently. Reforged/post 1.31.1 through the B.net app and the older versions pre-1.32 through their Warcraft III.exe. But once you update to Reforged, you need a separate install/game folder for the older versions.

Level 18
1.26 is the best classic experience. That's the CD version.
1.28a is the best compromise between new QoL features and classic stuff.
1.31 is the newest "Pre-Forged" version. It's riddled with glitches but also lets you play some cool maps and campaigns.
The only reason to even slightly consider playing Reforged is for fan content, and even then it doesn't justify the price.

If you think it's ridiculous and frustrating to have to balance all these different versions, firstly: you are correct and Kotick belongs in a cage. But also, there's a "Community Version" in the works that will hopefully fix all of this by operating off an advanced version of 1.28.

You can also vaguely hope that Blizzard will shape up now that Ko-Tick is gone and Microsoft is in charge. But after all the disappointments in the past four years, I can't being myself to have much hope for that. For now, it's better to focus on what we can fix and control ourselves. But it never hurts to express yourself anyway. There's a non-zero chance things will get better now.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
The only reason to even slightly consider playing Reforged is for fan content, and even then it doesn't justify the price.
Just to clarify, you can play Reforged without buying it. If you have your old cd-keys then you have access to everything new besides the HD graphics. The current patch, 1.36, has some annoyances but if you're into modding and especially if you want to make a brand new map then it's well worth it (imo). Just make sure that you understand the "quirks" and how to work around them. This can be a confusing and annoying process for newbies, but as someone who has been around for a while I can pretty much dodge any issues that the current patch has.