• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to disable toggle terrain in minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a partial visibility black mask across my map, but I don't want the terrain showing on my minimap. At first I was trying to find a way to have different visibility settings for the minimap and the game itself, because ideally there would be a small visibility in minimap around buildings/units. There are some triggers to turn off creep locations and toggling ally colors. However, there is not trigger to turn off terrain or terrain toggling, either in the GUI or jass.
I cant find anything in map options, game constants, or anywhere else. I've done some searching, and there's at least 2 other posts on hive asking the same question that were never answered.
Is there a way to prevent the player from seeing terrain on the minimap (but still seeing their buildings/units.)

I'd love for the terrain to be visible in minimap in the players buildings'/units' visibility, but to revert to black if that unit moves or is destroyed - just like black mask without partial visibility enabled. But at this point, I don't think I'll achieve that and I'm ready to settle for a simple no terrain.

Thank you so much!

Level 12
I'd love for the terrain to be visible in minimap in the players buildings'/units' visibility, but to revert to black if that unit moves or is destroyed - just like black mask without partial visibility enabled. But at this point, I don't think I'll achieve that and I'm ready to settle for a simple no terrain.
Map options -> use terrain fog

And uncheck masked areas are partially visible

Then create visibility modifers with triggers. You can either create initially enabled visibility modifier for each player or just use Enable Black Mask and Enable Fog of War.

It is important that you use terrain fog and enable both black mask and fog of war.

This should result into exactly what you want.

Oh and use "Map initialization" instead of elapsed game time.

Attachments

• Visibility.w3m
    18.8 KB · Views: 9
Level 3
Thank you! I did this and it didnt work, but I think thats because my z start, z end, and density were making it all pure black. Looked up a couple tutorials and it fixed it! And thanks for your help and time, looking through those settings and troubleshooting it is what helped me figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.