• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a custom building from a upgraded building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, the title a little bit confusing, misleading.

But I am making a map in the editor, does anybody know how to make a new building and like change the model to a Guard Tower specifically instead of getting that model that shuffles between Cannon, Scout, Guard and Arcane? Or make building that have the Stronghold model specifically instead of just Great hall.?

All help appreciated.
Thank you.

Level 25
It's all in animations of that model. Usually the difference is in animation name - for example I'll take a Demon Hunter unit, which is basically the same as Guard Tower - demon hunter has standard animations (that's the night elf unit) and "alternate" animations (for when he is morphed into demon). You can see it in the preview window, when you go through all the animations -> Some have "alternate" add to it.

The same logic applies to buildings. Take the Scout Tower for example -> it's basic animations are that of scout tower, animations for Guard Tower have "Upgrade First" add to its names, Cannon Tower has "Upgrade Second" and so on.

To set which animations model should use, find that model in object editor, find "Animations - Required animation names" field and add only part of the animation names, which are specific for the building you want to see.

Look at Guard Tower unit in object editor - as I wrote, all Guard Tower-related animations have "Upgrade First" add to it. This will be written in the "Animations - Required animation names" field

Status
Not open for further replies.