• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change attack ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Seems like you want to replace the attack function with an ability here. I don't know if there's any proper way to remove it since it's fairly much built in to the system but this page might help you.

If you do manage to remove the attack ability then make an ability (one with no target) that is in the same place as the attack ability.

You might be thinking right now ''hey why can't i use 'A unit attacks' instead?''. Well because then (if the unit is melee) the unit runs forward, almost attacks a unit, and then runs off to fight another guy.

I belive someone else would have to help with the triggers. That is not exactly my area you're heading into right now.

Level 3
It is incredibly difficult to tell what you actually want.

Are you saying you want it that you click a button, the unit will attack a unit in range.
IE: Button makes your unit swing his weapon at the target in front (or otherwise within range). Kind of like an action arcade game?

Level 7
As i said:

You might be thinking right now ''hey why can't i use 'A unit attacks' instead?''. Well because then (if the unit is melee) the unit runs forward, almost attacks a unit, and then runs off to fight another guy.

You can't just change the attack function into an ability, since it's not an ability itself. You would have to manually remove it and then create an ability in it's place.

Level 13
go to object editor and edit your unit
Show UI = False

than make dummy Berserk ability with hotkey X (it will hokey for attack)

then when unit begins casting Berserk ability,order him to attack unit you want

also you must set acquiring range to 0 or less than 50 if you dont want your unit to automatically attack

Status
Not open for further replies.