• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How-to browse special effects' graphism ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'd like to start working with special effects. However I have no idea of how to browse them, to find the ones I am interested in and set them as a dummy ability on a dummy unit.

Is there a way with the map editor ?

Or maybe with Warcraft III Viewer ? I installed it but I have no "war3.mpq" file to open in my game install directory nor my user directory...

Level 39
The main WE window has the model preview in the bottom left sidebar. You can scroll through the special effects and it will change in the model viewer as you flick through different models.

war3.mpq is now part of the CASC file structure (no more mpqs after 1.30).

The main WE window has the model preview in the bottom left sidebar. You can scroll through the special effects and it will change in the model viewer as you flick through different models.

war3.mpq is now part of the CASC file structure (no more mpqs after 1.30).

Thanks for the kick answer ! But I'm quite new, how do you "scroll through the special effects" from the WE main window ? ^^

Level 21
Thanks for the kick answer ! But I'm quite new, how do you "scroll through the special effects" from the WE main window ? ^^
ObjectEditor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.