• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you meak something rescuable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made player 11 rescuable and placed some units on the map.

Fine, when Red comes near close he 'rescues' them.

But when Blue comes near... nothing happens? Its it only red which can rescue something?

Level 3
DUH! - i know that...

Ok, lets try again!

1. Create game
2. Choose to play as Red
3. Go to village.
4. Rescue people.
5. End game

1. Create game
2. Choose to play as Blue
3. Go to village.
4. Try to rescue people, but they can't be rescued!
5. End game.

Ie, it appears that only Red can rescue something??

I'd prefer not to have the bother of "transfer ownership", (if it is at all possible)

Level 13
I see your problem. It may be a bug with the WE, but I would reccomend going into the Trigger Editor and at Map Initialization make the action Player - Make (whatever the rescuable player is) rescuable for All players.

Level 3
Wow, thats a nice offer.

I tried just making a new tiny map just to test this, and that didn't seem to work either (or i'm doing something really stupid :(

I can try sending that. :)

Level 3
Ok oz02, i've send you something :)

And Sohpo are you on crack or something, there are tons of bugs, they have a list on the official board.

And no it isn't cracked, and no i'm not going to reinstall anything.

Level 13
Don't blame blizzard, they've done an amazing job as it is by making their great games. It's probably not that easy to fix those bugs also, considering that they're probably really busy with WoW, besides, not all of the bugs are just mistakes. Their could be some that are unfixable unless they want to totally changet the way the game works. You just have to accept the bugs and make the most of what you have.

Level 21
Blizzard never knew we would take making maps so seriously - they mostly did balances and fixes with general melee games. Theres very little fixes and changes to the World Editor. I think people these days make more maps then playing the real point of Warcraft III - Melee games. Wc3sear takes map creation very serious because we get the best out of WE :)

Level 3
I for one never liked "the real point" of warcraft iii (perhaps it's because i couldn't figure out it *g*) - i much prefer the maps which in Starcrafts day were called "use map settings" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.