• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~How do I make this work?~ (+rep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to make a simple loot and item drop system, but I can not figure out a way to make what I have work.

I made it into a catalog, if you don't know what a catalog is, it looks like this,
set integer = integer + 1
set variable[integer] to something
set integer = integer + 1
set variable[integer] to something else

For my system I want it to check when the trigger runs first the chance of drop, (this works fine)

Next it needs to run a loop from 1 - integer. (Integer as in the catalog integer)

Before i say the next part I have done this:
I set a integer to each item that is suppose to represent its level.

So thirdly i need the loop to check all the items and see if the corrisponding level equals to this formula, (Hero Level) - 5 to (Hero Level) +2
An example of that would be if the hero is lets say level 7 then...
the range of the item levels that would randomly drop would be any level from 2 - 9,

Following me so far?

Next i need the loop to drop a random item from that range of levels.

I know this may be a bit confusing. I will award +rep to whoever helps me!

Many Thanks,
Forsakener

Status
Not open for further replies.