• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I make a turret rotation system???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I've been working on a modern warfare map and I noticed that the turrets didn't rotate. In other people's work however the tank turrets rotate. I tried to reverse engineer illidanevil's rotation system but the map was protected. Pls help me!!:ned::ned:

Well IllidanEvil used his own tank models in his map and none of them have turret rotate animations. So he made two separate models. The tank body and the turret itself. Then he made a system to attach the two together ingame and then a system that the turret moves. Sorry I do not know how to make the turret move but the above information is true.

Level 8
There's a trigger action under Animations, it's called "lock body's part facing". See if you can lock the legs of the turret.

Status
Not open for further replies.