• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I detect secondary targets hit by the Chain Heal spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What the title says. I am making a system that is supposed to show the amount healed when a unit is healed. Is it possible to detect the secondary targets of chain heal? Otherwise I'll have to trigger each jump but I don't see how that will work since each new lightning wave will emerge from a static point if it is cast by a dummy, even if the unit it is supposed to look like it emerges from is moving.

Does anybody have any experience in fully triggering chain spells like Chain Heal and Chain Lightning with dummy units with the purpose of displaying the healed amounts with combat text, and still make it look good?

Level 5
Here you go: How to make a Chain spell (GUI Version)

Thanks. The problem is that that spell doesn't seem to deal with triggering lightning chain spells (or maybe I just didn't notice?). What I need is a triggered chainspell that uses lightning and still looks good even if units in the middle of the chain moves. If each step of the ligthning chain is cast by a dummy, and the unit the lightning is supposed to look like it originates from moves, the chain will no longer look like it originates from the moving unit since the dummy unit will still be standing in its original place. As a comparison, if you cast the normal Chain Lightning spell and a few of the targets that get hit move, the chain still "binds them together" so to say.

You need a triggered version of Chain heal. Try the Spells' section, there are plenty of them, GUI, Jass, vJass. ;]

Do you have any specific suggestions? I had a lookaround and I know I'd prefer a GUI but... my main intent is to learn so that I can make a similar spell by myself without having to rely on any "just import this and change the values and you'll be fine" system. Do you know any triggered Chain spells using lightning effects that has a solution to the particular issue I am asking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.