• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How did you get to THW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I remember it now. It was in 2006, after the fall of United Mappers. (Old Hive users would remember about the United Mappers. We always were ahead the Hive on TopGamesItes200). I was a mod, and after the site falled, I went to wc3 campaings. When I got there, wc3c owner had disapeared, and VGsatomi were working pretty hard to keep that site alive, but even with his efforts, wc3c were dommed. I came to hive 1 month before wc3c merging. I remember on that time, the only active users where Ralle, Brad, and Ragingspeedhorn, the map database had like 20 maps, and If Im wrong, no model database yet. lol, its nice to see how the hive growth on these years...

Level 14
What brought you to the Hive Workshop?

Hey guys i was just wandering,what brought you here,heres how i got here:
One day i was using the world editor,that was when we had no internet connection,a few years later we had internet,then i searched for tips on modding on youtube,saw some videos that link to the hive,then i decided to join,that's how i got here
P.S. i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread...

Last edited:
i wanted 2 lurn hao to writ on te copmutre and infernt forum propperly..

i nevr did tho isnt taht rather disappointing, especially considering the age of which I currently am and also the satisfactory education that my country and parents have given me. Perhaps I just have an inability to speak and write punctually, a genetic disease or the like that is hampering my grammatical and sentence structuring capability (a common example of a phonological disorder being dyslexia).

somehao i endd up stuk here i am aktully not quit sure y //??/

Level 22
The biggest site for war3 mapmaking, resources and lots of knowledgable guys that could help me with anything and also the only place where requests could be rather made due to the high number of modelers and activity of the forum. Good old war3 times, now I don't wanna read/hear about it or that old game.

and you didn't even know that he was the maker of the site :p

Ralle not, he only took the ownership and carried it over new server, etc. VGsatomi or someone older that I don't know is the first one.

Level 17
I found this place through my mighty adventures of the internet.

I came, I saw, I failed to conquer.
/shame

Level 7
I think I found this one day whilst browsing on a school computer. I forgot what it was called, so when wc3c went down one day . . .

(They still have that news post from a few months ago. D: )

EDIT: Not sure where to ask this but... Are we allowed to use resources from sites such as xgm.ru?

Last edited:
I came looking for WC3 models and maps :3
That other site kinda sucked.. can't remember the name..
War3maps.com or something.. I don't really remember..
It was basically just a list of maps and people were stealing and re-uploading like mad.
There was no moderation and it was difficult to find stuff.
Here there are rules and regulations when uploading maps; pirating is (clearly) illegal here and will result in the map getting removed + a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.