• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i create an item ability that requires research and cloaks anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Yes, but he still got to order the unit to use the ability with a trigger so hiding it straight awey is better

hiding it will just delete the unit O_O

and no, theres a passive ability for cloaking...

e/ just put the damn shadow meld ability on the item

Level 21
it isnt my fault that you misunderstood but i will explain again. what i want is to create a researchable item that provides permanent invisibility to a the person that holds it. wether that is a unit or a building. it will need to be detectable by units and buildings that detect invisible stuff.

Level 14
There's a passive ability that will make your unit invisible.
It's a unit ability, called Permanent Invisibility.

The same one seen on the undead unit, the Shade.
The unit will remain invisible, so long as it doesn't attack, and has the item that has this ability.

Level 21
For the research you can add a techtree requirement to the item.

For the invisibility use permanent invisibility and if you want it to be unbreakable, then also ghost.

Also note that for the techtree to work you must put the item in "Items made" field, not "Items sold".

Level 14
how can i make the building appear cloaked to the controlling player. (it is only invisible to the enemy.) i also need suggestions for the correct icon.

A thanks would be nice for these people who have gone out of their way to assist you.

Also, try just adding the ability to the building as you would a unit. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

Level 14
Or not.

Buildings don't have a fade animation like units.. and I'm fairly certain you can't make them shadowmeld.
As for icons...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=zw84pt

Take your pick.
1, 2, and 3, in order.

jiovbm.jpg

21l8v89.jpg

10wu2ht.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.