• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Horse Texture is shown black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The horse works properly in the War3ModelEditor but in the Editor and ingame the texture is completely black.

To test it yourself in the War3ModelEditor you have to change the texture path.

Does anybody know why and can help me?

Attachments

• Horse.mdx
    286.1 KB · Views: 42
  • HorseSkinBrown.blp
    69.4 KB · Views: 41
Level 21
It works for me. Are you sure you imported it properly?
Horse.png

Level 25
hm I will look into it but if the texture path is wrong it shouldn't work in the War3ModelEditor, too since it uses the same MPQ archive.

I have another question:
Do you know if there is any way to use the same unit with different textures? Or at least create multiple unit types in object editor with the same model but a different texture like the replaceable ID for Destructables?
I have multiple horse textures (black, white etc.) but only one model. Do I have to copy the model for all of these textures?

Level 21
it uses the same MPQ archive.
What you you mean? The custom texture is not in any MPQ archive.
The texture's path should be: Textures\Creatures\Animals\HorseSkinBrown.blp
I have another question:
Do you know if there is any way to use the same unit with different textures? Or at least create multiple unit types in object editor with the same model but a different texture like the replaceable ID for Destructables?
I have multiple horse textures (black, white etc.) but only one model. Do I have to copy the model for all of these textures?
I always import a new model for every skin (like this). The only alternative I know is this, but I never used it.

Last edited:
Level 25
I am using a MPQ archive for all resources and there the texture path is "Textures\Creatures\Animals\HorseSkinBrown.blp". I open the archive with the War3ModelEditor and open the Horse model and it works, so the path must be correct.

But I will recreate the MPQ archive now from the directory. Is the error maybe related to the object data? I removed all animation tags like "medium".

Level 21
I am using a MPQ archive for all resources and there the texture path is "Textures\Creatures\Animals\HorseSkinBrown.blp". I open the archive with the War3ModelEditor and open the Horse model and it works, so the path must be correct.

But I will recreate the MPQ archive now from the directory. Is the error maybe related to the object data? I removed all animation tags like "medium".
You should've mentioned that you're using a custom MPQ archive in the first post. I don't know what is causing the problem, but it definitely isn't caused by anything related to Object Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.