• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Homing ability help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I guess Im what you call a "n00b" when it comes to editing. I cant do any spell triggers, so I need some help with this.

I want firebolt to NOT home when I use it. For example, you cast firebolt on an enemy and he steps away from it and he wont take any damage or get stunned. I turned the "Art - Missile Homing Enabled" to false, and although the firebolt doesn't home, it still damages the target. How can I fix this? :sad:

If I have to use triggers to fix this, please help me out because I have NO EXPERIENCE in spell triggering. Thanks in advance.

Level 9
you can make a dummy unit with area attack, and shoot a fireball at the target location, thats probably the easiest way, if you wanna make a fireball that hits whatever it touch then you need jass, people in spell forum could help you with the idea.

Level 12
Hmm I'll try the shockwave thing. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Shockwave will damage everything in the path, though.

There are other methods to get it just to damage a small area at the destination, but almost all require dummy use.

Wait (missile speed/distance to target) in seconds.
Create dummy with warstomp/thunderclap/whatever.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.