• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Does this kind of spell template exist in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want a missile-type of spell (e.g Firebolt), but also one with an impact effect tied to it, so i can change the art of missile and impact independently. I don't have 100% overview of all spells in the game, but wondered if any particular spell could be used for this.

(If I use Firebolt and assign a special effect to "target art", it will happen instantly on not when the missile actually hits. )

Level 5
If I could trigger an event on impact, it would be peachy! But I haven't found a way to make such an event using the GUI. Suggestions?

Making a new missile art would be outright fantastic, but I'm a dummy when it comes to this. And I don't have the time or resources to learn the deep secrets of the art just for this single spell. But with some help I could probably manage it. Can it be done in Magos' for example? And would adding the impact be a simple or advanced task?

Thanks for you help :)

Level 4
Create a dummy-spell unit that does the work for you. Damage dealt by the dummy unit can be modified to link the level of caster, ability level etc.

Use the locust ability to make it unselectable and trigger it to die after attacking.

Level 18
Well when the missile (if its Firebolt) impacts, then the unit should receive damage. If the unit receives damage, then it will trigger the "Unit takes damage" event. If you used something like "Acid Bomb" that inflicts a buff on the target then you can detect when a unit is damaged and whether or not it has the appropriate buff.

Once you come to a conclusion on whether or not the unit was affected by your spell you can play a special effect on the unit. There are damage detection systems that you can download that save you the trouble of making this, and have even more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.