• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Workshop Chat Client's Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Sticky this.

If you are planing on creating a theme, keep in mind the following

• No random icons (Like using a Star Trek Icon with Darth Vader for Chieftain)
  • None will like it if there is no theme in it
  • None will like it if it's not at the correct size (32x19)
  • You need at least 6 icons for all ranks
  • You can't replace the Chieftain for a Drone and the Peon for a Hydralisk. Think of their position and then put them acordingally
  • And lastly, ask chat members if they want a custom icon!
To make an icon and use it in the client, simply CREATE one, (if the picture is larger than 32x19 you should shrink it) and then make it PNG.

After that, Userinfo.txt and rankinfo.txt are what you need.

How to put custom icons for users

Check Hakeem's line.

Hakeem:Smiley.png

First of all, Hakeem is the name of the user the icon will be assigned at.
Second of all, there are no spaces in it. I am not sure if you need to use "word1 word2" if the name has a space in it.
Third of all, if the file is not in PNG, it won't keep the Alpha in it. TGA's aren't usable.

Posting your theme

After creating your theme, PM me and comment on this thread, so that your theme will be added. The approval of your theme will be based on the choice of 3 random Chat members.

You need 2 of the 3 members to approve it.

Also, provide a screenshot of the icons please, or at least a screenshot of the Client with some of the icons shown in it.

Created Themes

I should note that the Protoss icons were requested. Most of it is Zerg-ish.
Download Here

Attachments

• Poot's Client Icons by Stathisdjs.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.