• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive partnered MakeMeHost Mappers Priority Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Hey Lions Blood, I'm glad you brought this up!

I'm working on it. I've been chatting with art)y for the past day about a complication in the system.
Detail about the complication in the paragraph below. Feel free to skip :3

It has to do with how most of the quality and popular Hive Workshop maps are already uploaded - along with many being claimed by mapper accounts. TkoK, Dwarven Monster Slayers, Shadows of the Past, you name it. This means the Hive Workshop account cannot put many maps on the list yet since they're uploaded on the main list which almost reaches 12,000. Those that have only been suggested must be reported, and those that have claimed are ones I need to talk to individually. For example, pred1980's Forsaken Bastion Fall is a hosted project on both Hive Workshop and Diplomunion. I cannot add that to Hive's list because Diplomunion owns it. I'm trying to find a way around all this hassle that by talking to art)y. The other communities, brigandshaven and diplomunion, have a much smaller community which makes everything much easier for them.

Information:

• Recently, we got news that MakeMeHost is willing to add links to the development threads / map threads on the lists for each map. Hosted project forums for hosted project maps, of course. This is really great for bringing activity to projects from battle.net users who use MakeMeHost and have never set foot in the Hive. Based off of my experience, very few on Battle.net know about this site.
  • DISCLAIMER: The maps up right now are just for testing purposes - to see what maps are already uploaded and to see how fast it works. Please disregard them.
  • There will be a sticky thread... somewhere... for users to propose that their map be added. The requirements aren't decided yet. It could be 4+ star and popular map development or it really could be any map that isn't a "waste of space."
  • Hosted, directors cut, and critically acclaimed maps are more likely to be reached out to be asked if they would like their map on the list UNLESS people feel that it's okay to add maps on the list without asking. Notifying would always happen. I'm for adding with notifying being enough, but I'm not sure about the rest of you. Of course I will take a map down under request of the author.
  • There really isn't a hosting priority, it's more of a way to get the hard worked on Hive maps to gain a player base

In the mean time, you can create your own mappers account for instant upload + a couple of other features here.

A bit off-topic:
I didn't think that this many threads had makemehost mentioned
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2121521&pp=25

Last edited:
Level 4
Sounds good, but i get rejected constantly.

Iv tried for the past 9 months to get on MakeMeHost Mappers priority and everytime i do, art(y rejects my request. Iv literally emailed him over a dozen times and given him a password and username i wish to use, but then i have to wait like a week for a response if one even comes at all. My biggest question is where do we login to mappers priority? There is no page or button on their site that says login. I've searched google many a times, with no luck. (On a side note iv been forced into using ENT gaming for my map testing needs but im banned from their site and have been using a vpn to gain access.) So yeah im pretty confused as to how all this works and being that Hive is now partnered with them i thought you guys might know. :goblin_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.