• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hive Newspaper Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, ive had this urge to write somthing daily, and i thought a hive newspaper would be absolutly hilarious to do, but i figured it would be funnest if it was a group collaboration between a bunch of hivers, people to write stories, and people to find them, ect.

Its all fuzzy right now, but i know a few people are interested, possibly a social group, mailing list, ect.

I'd like oppinions on how this would work, who'd be interested in doing a column or article, and what people would look for in such a newspaper.

I know i would like a lot of articles around all the hive drama, a farce thing, but obviously maybe some room for more serious articles for writers who want that option aswell... what do you think?

the paper could be focused just on the hive, or all around the interwebz, or just a dash of the outside, who knows.

I'm primarily looking for feedback, suggestions, and people who might be interested in doing writing besides me. i know a few people have offered, but i'd love to hear more about the idea :p

Peace. Twif.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Love the idea. Making the drama more dramatic with media coverage would be kind of fun.

I had this plan of doing a "feature" of the month's best* skin, or even the week's best skin (but that would require people to make more skins), once.. with a reason why and so on. Gather them all together for a list of the years best* skins.
* Obviously by my opinion.

Other than that, I don't really have any ideas.

Well things like that could become part of it, i was thinking of doing it weekly, but we could do a model of the week every other week? and a skin aswell? or a skin/model/icon of the month ect. i just think it would be fun and hilarious :D

Ya, all kinds of writers for it would be nice, i know i would definetly write weekly things.

Level 2
I suggest Give crazy awards like, Friendly face of the week, Hall of shame, Model of the week, post of the week.. all with "interviews" and there must be literature, comics, custom lore section XD

Well i am gonna prepare a wip version for tomarrow morning.

Wondering how it should be presented? weekly threads in site discussion?

Gonna include resource of the month/week sections (gonna ask a mod how many new maps/resorces of each kind are submitted each week.

probably gonna just showcase resources, even old ones too.

drama llama would be a hilarious section.

well i'll post tomarrow morning.

Level 17
This newspaper is a good idea :D
It's gonna need to best thing ever that makes a newspaper fun to read.
Jokes section! :D In the newspaper I get, there's always these comedy sketches about what's happening daily.
Just thought it would be something to run by you, if you decide to implement it.
^_^

Level 27
Oh yes, once I was thonking about some Hive thing like that. My first idea was:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/thw-record-book-158320/
But as you see Hive Record Book didn't succeed. Then I was thinking about newspaper too, but mine idea was more about inteviewing Hive celbrities, also Just posting some intresting Hive news, like current project of some hosted project and stuff like that. But since my first idea failed, I kinda like decided this one will be lame too... of course once I posted it in one thread, but I don't remeber how it was called... hence I got more than 2500 posts, I can't remember ever and each of them... and it didn't got so much attention... so I ditched all this idea or making something Hiveulary awesometastic.

So I tottally support your idea and I hope it will succseed, not like my newspaper idea... tough I hope yours will have inteviews with Hive celebrities (A.k.a. most popular moders and moderators, hosted project leaders and things like that) and some news about newest Hive projects.
Oh, and I'd like to be the part of the team too. Helping Hive Hive News (Simple catchy name, isn't it?) would be quite awesome and personally for me it's reincarnation of my previous toughs about Hive Newspaper.
So thumbs up for you!

Level 19
You could make it like what it was last time, but better. And recruiting 'Reporters' would be nice too, so you'll get the scoop from every corner:)
A joke section would be nice to serve as the 'Comics Section'.

Level 17
The Bugle, The Observer, The Report, The Scoop, Sentinel, Herald, Times, Chronicle, Journal, Inquirer, Post, Enterprise. - Those are some things you could use for a name.

Hive's
Somthing Else

Breaking News[c]Archanianbedlam Arrested![c]Lorem Ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean varius, nunc et convallis posuere, libero sem aliquet massa, in facilisis risus enim id arcu. In vitae libero id magna interdum lacinia. Integer diam dui, scelerisque eu fringilla id, dignissim in sapien. Vestibulum sapien purus, tempus in hendrerit sed, tempus sed quam. Donec quis sapien id dolor sollicitudin faucibus vitae quis enim. Praesent enim quam, rutrum id scelerisque at, malesuada nec enim. Etiam accumsan, mauris sit amet imperdiet iaculis, nunc erat molestie sapien, ac pretium enim enim nec ligula. Donec urna ante, vulputate tincidunt posuere vel, venenatis ac arcu. Morbi tempus facilisis gravida. Vestibulum ultricies ipsum a tortor tristique id aliquam nulla tincidunt. Nam at interdum leo. Donec nec tincidunt elit. Vivamus vulputate sagittis justo et tempor. Nunc et velit libero. Vivamus convallis scelerisque euismod.

"Fuck you!" He screams as hes lead away by the moderation, apparently abberant flatulence in the mod lobby has led to his temporary explusion. Suspendisse potenti. Phasellus aliquam lacus sodales est convallis facilisis. Donec dictum laoreet ligula, iaculis mattis purus scelerisque nec. Proin placerat lectus quis ligula molestie eget adipiscing nibh placerat. Nulla facilisi. Nulla pellentesque mollis sem vel luctus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam mi sapien, pulvinar in malesuada non, tincidunt et est. Proin id erat odio, non facilisis tellus.* p2. IS DANGEROUS! Proin id erat odio, non facilisis tellus. Fusce non arcu mi, viverra vulputate mi. Curabitur mi quam, sagittis vel varius ac, tincidunt eu metus. Morbi sit amet enim lacus. Curabitur posuere urna id ante tristique id vulputate libero tincidunt. Aliquam ut elit sem, ut placerat lacus. In interdum neque et lectus mattis auctor. Donec porttitor, augue vel viverra laoreet, elit massa convallis metus, eu dapibus sapien sem sed sem.* p3.
Ut faucibus sem at justo suscipit dignissim. In vitae tellus lorem. Etiam sit amet elit vel odio sodales accumsan. Ut in convallis sem. Nunc non sapien velit, auctor sollicitudin mauris. Mauris non diam dolor, sit amet fermentum massa. Nam quis dictum velit. Vestibulum ullamcorper convallis sollicitudin. Pellentesque nec consectetur massa. Vivamus quis dolor nec ante sollicitudin eleifend non ut leo. Phasellus dignissim felis a nunc eleifend pulvinar. Praesent accumsan quam in erat mollis viverra. Morbi eros arcu, gravida non rutrum at, congue at mi. Aenean in ipsum eros. Duis a tristique ligula. Donec tincidunt lobortis purus a euismod. Integer eros sapien, dictum non accumsan quis, convallis vel magna.

Quisque accumsan feugiat metus non mollis. Etiam sed adipiscing lectus. In ut tincidunt nunc. Vivamus auctor pellentesque lacus, non pretium elit tristique scelerisque. Vivamus laoreet diam sit amet velit rutrum pulvinar. Curabitur tristique mauris sit amet enim tempor rhoncus. Cras elit nibh, vehicula ultrices dignissim non, blandit nec diam. Donec sollicitudin nisl id lacus tincidunt ac volutpat lectus gravida. Phasellus hendrerit consequat aliquam. Nulla at risus non lacus sagittis dignissim et nec sem. Sed sit amet lacus mi, nec lacinia massa. Ut nibh velit, viverra a pellentesque vel, vulputate non libero. Vestibulum ornare laoreet aliquam. Nunc pretium, nisi quis iaculis vestibulum, lorem nunc gravida magna, at auctor arcu neque id nunc.*

[Insert index section for the rest of the paper, model of the week, skin, map, icon, ect.]

[Insert other random stories below]

Somthing liek this? albeit with better formatting? or a pdf, a rss?

Level 35
Btw I also hope you guys realize that Rui used to publish news articles every month, accurately enough they have been placed in the News section so you can look those up.

I sincerely don't think enough interesting things happen here to compose a weekly newspaper, you may as well ask the guy to restart publishing or give permission for someone else to substitute him.

EDIT: Or that....

Level 10
Hive's
Somthing Else

Breaking News[c]Archanianbedlam Arrested![c]Lorem Ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean varius, nunc et convallis posuere, libero sem aliquet massa, in facilisis risus enim id arcu. In vitae libero id magna interdum lacinia. Integer diam dui, scelerisque eu fringilla id, dignissim in sapien. Vestibulum sapien purus, tempus in hendrerit sed, tempus sed quam. Donec quis sapien id dolor sollicitudin faucibus vitae quis enim. Praesent enim quam, rutrum id scelerisque at, malesuada nec enim. Etiam accumsan, mauris sit amet imperdiet iaculis, nunc erat molestie sapien, ac pretium enim enim nec ligula. Donec urna ante, vulputate tincidunt posuere vel, venenatis ac arcu. Morbi tempus facilisis gravida. Vestibulum ultricies ipsum a tortor tristique id aliquam nulla tincidunt. Nam at interdum leo. Donec nec tincidunt elit. Vivamus vulputate sagittis justo et tempor. Nunc et velit libero. Vivamus convallis scelerisque euismod.

"Fuck you!" He screams as hes lead away by the moderation, apparently abberant flatulence in the mod lobby has led to his temporary explusion. Suspendisse potenti. Phasellus aliquam lacus sodales est convallis facilisis. Donec dictum laoreet ligula, iaculis mattis purus scelerisque nec. Proin placerat lectus quis ligula molestie eget adipiscing nibh placerat. Nulla facilisi. Nulla pellentesque mollis sem vel luctus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam mi sapien, pulvinar in malesuada non, tincidunt et est. Proin id erat odio, non facilisis tellus.* p2. IS DANGEROUS! Proin id erat odio, non facilisis tellus. Fusce non arcu mi, viverra vulputate mi. Curabitur mi quam, sagittis vel varius ac, tincidunt eu metus. Morbi sit amet enim lacus. Curabitur posuere urna id ante tristique id vulputate libero tincidunt. Aliquam ut elit sem, ut placerat lacus. In interdum neque et lectus mattis auctor. Donec porttitor, augue vel viverra laoreet, elit massa convallis metus, eu dapibus sapien sem sed sem.* p3.
Ut faucibus sem at justo suscipit dignissim. In vitae tellus lorem. Etiam sit amet elit vel odio sodales accumsan. Ut in convallis sem. Nunc non sapien velit, auctor sollicitudin mauris. Mauris non diam dolor, sit amet fermentum massa. Nam quis dictum velit. Vestibulum ullamcorper convallis sollicitudin. Pellentesque nec consectetur massa. Vivamus quis dolor nec ante sollicitudin eleifend non ut leo. Phasellus dignissim felis a nunc eleifend pulvinar. Praesent accumsan quam in erat mollis viverra. Morbi eros arcu, gravida non rutrum at, congue at mi. Aenean in ipsum eros. Duis a tristique ligula. Donec tincidunt lobortis purus a euismod. Integer eros sapien, dictum non accumsan quis, convallis vel magna.

Quisque accumsan feugiat metus non mollis. Etiam sed adipiscing lectus. In ut tincidunt nunc. Vivamus auctor pellentesque lacus, non pretium elit tristique scelerisque. Vivamus laoreet diam sit amet velit rutrum pulvinar. Curabitur tristique mauris sit amet enim tempor rhoncus. Cras elit nibh, vehicula ultrices dignissim non, blandit nec diam. Donec sollicitudin nisl id lacus tincidunt ac volutpat lectus gravida. Phasellus hendrerit consequat aliquam. Nulla at risus non lacus sagittis dignissim et nec sem. Sed sit amet lacus mi, nec lacinia massa. Ut nibh velit, viverra a pellentesque vel, vulputate non libero. Vestibulum ornare laoreet aliquam. Nunc pretium, nisi quis iaculis vestibulum, lorem nunc gravida magna, at auctor arcu neque id nunc.*

[Insert index section for the rest of the paper, model of the week, skin, map, icon, ect.]

[Insert other random stories below]

Somthing liek this? albeit with better formatting? or a pdf, a rss?

I suggested a PDF...

Just an idea, i think if we had about 3-4 individuals on this, it could be absolutly hilarious :D

I'd be in fo'sho! A monthly newspaper's a great idea.

Level 27
Nah, PDF is a lame idea. It shuld be something that you can see just by entering the Hive. So I say I thread. I mean our BB code stuff allows to create well looking threads, with no need in PDF. And it should be kinda like Hiveworkshop News Batch. Remember we had it few milleniumms ago? You can still find few of these in news section.

Normally I'd love Something Else, but I'm taking the idea too seriously for such a placeholder and silly name.
I say Hive News. Simple and short.

Oh, so who's up for Funny Page? I mean we at DP could try to make some Hive themed comics, but for that we'll need our humor genious, the Veljkom, who currently is not at DP because he got pissed of by some guy and decided to take a vacation. But still, Machinima (aka in-game videos/photography) comic about Hive/Warcraft would be fun I think...
Oh, and back in THW news batch there were some funny quotes mentioned too, like that thing about saying Mecheon's name next to the mirror at midnight allows you to summon him. Or Joe Black 5 loving kids... ah, good times...

Level 27
Wait... me skins section? I kinda like never made any skins in my life and I'm ussually wasting my time in Map/Model/Icon section. But oh well, seasoned booring job sounds like fun to me. Anyway I'm still here for quite a long time and I'm sure I know about skins more to choose the best.
Of course, I'm pretty sure that even non-editors/reporters could write some articles or whatever. I don't know, some opinions, maybe some intresting reviews which are informative and fun to read, maybe just some Hive info...

And now I'll contact Velj if he would like to be our... erm.. funny pages guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.