• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hi ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I’ve been here a couple of times in the past – mainly looking through the huge stash of resources this site has - though I haven’t registered until now.

I don’t really think I have a modding specialty, but I’m a great idea person (^_^), and my other skills aren’t too bad either (excluding modeling and skinning), considering I’ve been mapping for around two years now.

Oh, and I’m a pretty good writer, if I do say so myself. :)

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome Arcane. Screenwriting, Storyboarding & Concept Creation is our designated writer's forum.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 7
Welcome to THW Its me PrinceofIce......Ya i need a card saying what to say to new people.Been a lot of you new guys around latley Im kinda idea guy too though skinning is as close I come to modding Wc3.Have fun here and enjoy your stay (Im sure enjoying mine!).

Level 12
Hey! What's up? A writer eh? Lol you actually took the hard part of Warcraft: stry writing. Most people just use simple little things for their maps but you are recruited to actually make big histories and that stuff, although it is worth it. Maps with those big hsitories are always nice to read and seem to be more polished. Lol to think you could have picked soemthing easy like skinning. Jk, well... not really, skinning was hard for me for about 5 minutes, the time it took me to figure out what everything did. Now it is fun and easy.

So... you really didn't have to read that, just me rambling on.. Welcome once again, enjoy your stay, and awatch out for SuPa-, he can skin, but he enjoys scary things like horror movies and that good stuff. Lol... that wasn't funny... jk SuPa-s cool.

Level 12
Not trying to insult you pro skinners (ty SuPa- for pointing out that my statement may have been offensive) I was just stating that for me, skinning is not really that hard, it just takes a lot of time. Of ocurse, my skins are not super high quality like your skins so that may be a factor too.

Check the Arena, although there is nothing about writing, there is a lot of fun contests that yuo can just watch or take part in. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226

Level 2
Thanks everybody!

@ragingspeedhorn: No, I've had tons of brilliant :)grin:) ideas, but none of them have actually become reality.

Level 21
Oh, it wasn't offensive at all, just trying to enlighten on the subject (my opinion of it lol) :p And sorry if I sounded offended
Mine aren't that "high quality" either, I still have a long way to go.
Arcane, maybe you could give me some ideas some time :-D
Also, Arcane, if you're interested in modeling and skinning, it's always good to get inspiration from models submitted in competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.