• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes and Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Greeting.
My questioning mind strikes once again.

Im still working on my map with custom races, and i still have some problems:

1st of all, Heroes.
I created new race with new heroes, then added them to "Gameplay Constants - Techtree - dependency equivalents" or something like that. And the problem is, that i can train infinite amount of heroes of the same type. (actually, only 3 or 4 heroes. I dont know why sometimes i can summon 4, even thought i have 2 triggers which limit heroes to 3 per player, and melee trigger which says "1 hero type per player".)
Also, only hero which i can summon only once is Blood Mage - probably because he didnt undertook any changes (And some other heroes had changed only their names and theyre bugged)
*its real pain in ass

So i ask again, is there any final solution for this problem? For ive been asking this for some time.

And one more:
When i create custom race and give them custom town hall, and i make trigger which will create my custom starting units for them, at beggining of game some kind of error pops up - that if i wont build town hall in 2 minutes, i will be revealed. Theoretically i have Town Hall, but not Human, but custom one. So, how can get rid of this "error"? By removing some "Melee Game" events?

So, thank you for your help!
I hope somebody will answer me, cause these two things delay further development of my map :D (mainly first one).
Thanks once more.

PS: I hope im not overspamming your forums with repetitive questions or something. I think i need some very clever guy who is online 24/7 and ready to answer my questions. Or interactive wc3 encyclopedia.

Level 11
And one more:
When i create custom race and give them custom town hall, and i make trigger which will create my custom starting units for them, at beggining of game some kind of error pops up - that if i wont build town hall in 2 minutes, i will be revealed. Theoretically i have Town Hall, but not Human, but custom one. So, how can get rid of this "error"? By removing some "Melee Game" events?

In Object Editor, there is a field called Stats - Unit Classification. Set it to "Town Hall".

Don't know about the first question :p

Level 14
Greeting.
My questioning mind strikes once again.

Im still working on my map with custom races, and i still have some problems:

1st of all, Heroes.
I created new race with new heroes, then added them to "Gameplay Constants - Techtree - dependency equivalents" or something like that. And the problem is, that i can train infinite amount of heroes of the same type. (actually, only 3 or 4 heroes. I dont know why sometimes i can summon 4, even thought i have 2 triggers which limit heroes to 3 per player, and melee trigger which says "1 hero type per player".)
Also, only hero which i can summon only once is Blood Mage - probably because he didnt undertook any changes (And some other heroes had changed only their names and theyre bugged)
*its real pain in ass

So i ask again, is there any final solution for this problem? For ive been asking this for some time.

So you have done this?: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=75649
And you've looked over here?: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93188

I hope this can help. I'm not an expert in custom races I'm affraid :(

Level 7
In Object Editor, there is a field called Stats - Unit Classification. Set it to "Town Hall".

Don't know about the first question :p

Ive done that already, and it doesnt work.
The problem is, that if my race will be Human and i will have Orc town hall instead of human one, the error will pop up - cause ive got town hall, but not of the race ive chosen at beggining of the game.
I think by deleting some melee game triggers i might do it, but im making alternative melee map, so...

Level 7
So you have done this?: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=75649
And you've looked over here?: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93188

I hope this can help. I'm not an expert in custom races I'm affraid :(

Finnaly! That trigger "Player - Limit training of SPECIALHERO1 to 1 for Player 1 (Red)" and so on is what i needed... So, now i can only train 1 hero of 1 type, and 1 per tier. Great!

However, one problem still remains: For reason unknown to me, 1st Hero cost 425 gold and 100lumber, like 2nd one (1st should be free if i remember correctly). I dont know why is this, but its hard to accumulate 100 extra lumber and 425 gold at beggining of the game. For now i use trigger which gives every player these extra resources, but thats just temporary solution.
Anybody can help?

note: That second link had theoretically nothing to do with my problem of infinite heroes, just a awesome guide for creating custom race. And when i say awesome guide, i mean im really gonna use it soon :D

Level 14
Finnaly! That trigger "Player - Limit training of SPECIALHERO1 to 1 for Player 1 (Red)" and so on is what i needed... So, now i can only train 1 hero of 1 type, and 1 per tier. Great!

However, one problem still remains: For reason unknown to me, 1st Hero cost 425 gold and 100lumber, like 2nd one (1st should be free if i remember correctly). I dont know why is this, but its hard to accumulate 100 extra lumber and 425 gold at beggining of the game. For now i use trigger which gives every player these extra resources, but thats just temporary solution.
Anybody can help?

Have you checked these things in your object editor for the hero's that cost too much?:

Code:
Stats - Gold Cost
Stats - Lumber Cost

note: That second link had theoretically nothing to do with my problem of infinite heroes, just a awesome guide for creating custom race. And when i say awesome guide, i mean im really gonna use it soon :D

I know, but the first one did. The second one was more of a usefull refference for whenever you want to create a new custom race.

Level 7
Have you checked these things in your object editor for the hero's that cost too much?:

Code:
Stats - Gold Cost
Stats - Lumber Cost

I didnt change gold and lumber cost, so i dont see any reason why it should be because of this. But i tried setting price of heroes to 0 - it worked, but 2nd hero cost me nothing again. Its seems like there is some bug, which makes computer (well, the game, race, player of whatever) think ive got one hero already, or just sets 1st hero price to "not free". But i didnt do much changes in "core" (basic triggers, gameplay constants or anything which may affect this), so ill just have to look for the scource of problems.

I wonder if what i said makes sense.
Also, thanks for answering and helping me.

Edit: I tried training classic Undead heroes, and Hero prices affected them too. It seems that i accidentally deleted some trigger or "core thing". I wonder what..

Edit2: Problem solved. When i deleted trigger "Create melee starting units for all players", it somehow deleted "trigger" which automatically sets price of 1st hero to nothing. Which sort of sucks, because now i use alternative trigger to create starting units (not melee one).

I said using melee trigger and then replacing melee units with custom is better!

I love my monologes and spam.

Level 14
I didnt change gold and lumber cost, so i dont see any reason why it should be because of this. But i tried setting price of heroes to 0 - it worked, but 2nd hero cost me nothing again. Its seems like there is some bug, which makes computer (well, the game, race, player of whatever) think ive got one hero already, or just sets 1st hero price to "not free". But i didnt do much changes in "core" (basic triggers, gameplay constants or anything which may affect this), so ill just have to look for the scource of problems.

I wonder if what i said makes sense.
Also, thanks for answering and helping me.

Edit: I tried training classic Undead heroes, and Hero prices affected them too. It seems that i accidentally deleted some trigger or "core thing". I wonder what..

If you send me the map I can probably find it out for you.
But that's all up to you ;)
The problem can vary on several things.

EDIT: ow lol I see, you still had melee initialization triggers in your map ^.^ okay... xD

Level 7
Problem with Hero Price solved!

Also, about that thing with revealing other players after 2 mins coz of lack of town hall: Solved by deleting trigger "Melee Map - Set victory/defeat conditions" or something like that. Sort of "placeholder" until i find real solution. And if there is no solution, i can create new trigger which will work similiarly (player has no units+buildings = defeat for him and so on).

Also, since this same question is currently being ansewered in another topic (by you :D), you can answer here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/starting-units-212597/ instead of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.