• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Hero Morphing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to make a spell that transforms the hero into another unit, I've tried using the Bear form and Robo-Goblin, but every time I use the spell, the hero just performs the casting animation, and the hero will become level 1 and drop all its items without transforming at all. What should I do?

Level 3
The same thing still happens...I clicked Metamorphosis, the hero casts the spell, then it dropped all its items, reset to level one. After the Metamorphosis ends the hero stays at level one.

Level 3
Never mind, I found out that it doesn't work when the Data-Alternate Form Unit is set to some unit types, though I don't know which type...however, I wanted to make it so that when the hero morphs, it loses all its original ability (gain new ones if possible, though it's optional) until the metamorphosis ends...
Extra:if I want to set a trigger that happens after the unit metamorphosis back to its original form, which event should I use? Also, can I set the aggressive stance towards certain unit only, or must it affect all units of that player?
In case what I say isn't understandable, here's what I'm talking about:
  • Aggresiveness
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to My Spell
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Neutral Hostile treat (Triggering player) as an Neutral

Level 3
I've tried it, I've added new abilities to the alternate unit and removed the original ones, but it still retains its original ability

Level 3
I found out the abilities are gone when when I set the gameplay constant Gameplay - Morphing Disables Alternate Abilities to true, that is good enough...still,
Extra:if I want to set a trigger that happens after the unit metamorphosis back to its original form, which event should I use? Also, can I set the aggressive stance towards certain unit only, or must it affect all units of that player?
any ideas how to solve this? Besides, I still have another problem: how to set it so that I get gold bounty when I kill an enemy player's unit?

Level 30
I found out the abilities are gone when when I set the gameplay constant Gameplay - Morphing Disables Alternate Abilities to true, that is good enough...still,any ideas how to solve this? Besides, I still have another problem: how to set it so that I get gold bounty when I kill an enemy player's unit?

For the gold bounty, you can turn it on through triggers like this example:

• Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 12 (Brown)
It will make Player 12 Brown give gold when a unit of that player dies.

Level 37

A unit is issued an order with no target
Order equal to unmetamoprhosis

You can't make only one unit hostile.

Level 3
A unit is issued an order with no target
Order equal to unmetamoprhos
I found out that there isn't "unmetamoprhos"(I tried unmetamorphosis too) but it gave me an idea, so I used bearform/unbearform instead...and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.