• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I have been working with the World Editor of Warcraft 3 since just after it came out. I just recently got TfT, and I am making a map. I have spent a lot of time making new stuff and testing this out and getting most of the glitches/bugs out of the map. I am having one small problem though.

In this map I am making a race selection area because I made the Blood Elves a separate race. I made custom units, custom heroes, custom buildings... the works. The heroes is where I am having the problem. I made two new Blood Elf heroes, using models from this site. The problem is simply that the game wants to train the heroes as if they were normal units. I used regular heroes as the base for them, then changed the icons, models, and a few other things, but most stuff is still the same. The game knows they're heroes, as when I train one hero, it displays the custom heroes as not able to be trained until I upgrade my Hall. I can't explain all of it, but I did so as best I can. So that anyone who can help me can see it for themselves I will distribute this map here. Other than here, this will be a fully personal map, and will not be distributed anywhere. I can't even host games on Battle.net.

Please help!

P.S. The map is the the attachment.

Attachments

• ForestWarfare.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.